Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Cig and NRT free - how many seconds a day do you still want a cigarette?

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
1. Completely nicotine free for ... I forget, see my meter. 2. Never craving. Just an occasional fleeting (negative) thought when I see or smell a smoker. 3. Again, only when I see or smell one. Not actually true, come to think of it. Sometimes when I'm doing something I wouldn't have done when I smoked(i.e., running), I will realize it and momentarily revel in my new life. :) 4. See #1. I'm to the point now where I'm no longer a quitter, I am a non-smoker. There is a difference, subtle for sure, but a definite difference. In the beginning you are consumed by your quit. As time goes on and you get more practice at avoiding and handling craves it becomes more and more a subconcious and reflexive act. Eventually, some day, you will suddenly realize you haven't thought of smoking for some time. You will wonder when the last time was and will not be able to remember. That's a great feeling, a feeling of true freedom. :) I'm not big on statistical information. Statistics can be manipulated, misquoted, and misunderstood so easily. I've seen far too many "negative" statistics about quitting that this site has proven false. When someone quotes "only 30% of quitters succeed", don't listen. Come here and see real success. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been off the patch since some time last May I think. I haven't thought of a cigarette today at all until I came on site to post a bit. This is incredible - thought it wouled never happen, but it does. Now that I am on site, I am thinking of cigarettes but now with ANY craving. YAY FREEDOM! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $959 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$794,692.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 10

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brown, Congrats on 9 days! This is fantastic :) If you do a search through the forums, you will find lots of information of hypnosis. It may have worked for many and not at all for others. Keep strong and use your coping mechanisms to get you through! Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: