Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Couch Potatos Unite! A couch potato's workout thread!

16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am in, I do alot of excerises everyday have for years, have a stationary bike and work out with weights. but now that I am a non-smoker will add walking my husband (since I don't have a dog) lol and the first of june hubby and I are joining the gym at the hosp. which is just down the street from me so will be so convient. sure hope it helps as I DO NOT want to gain weight, have a real big problem keeping my weight down is a big problem with all my family. so will be checking in. Great idea! Hugs and prayers from Indiana Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I weeded the walkway for 1 hours, 20 minutes..not very cardio, but good resistance muscle stuff. And I'm sure my tenants appreciate it : ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I walk the dog every day. Have done for 12 years. His capacity for walking is now reduced drastically. I have two sore feet and am waiting for a date for operations.... What other excuses can I make? Two points though. 1. I don't think you should weigh yourself EVERY day since you do go up and down because of water etc. 2. If you have access to a pool there are good exercises you can do and the water keeps you hidden from prying eyes. There was an article in The Guardian about it yesterday so maybe you can look that up on t'internet. KEEP SMILING Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 679 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �294 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Am walking every morning. Don't have any dogs but my cat comes running to meet me when I get close to home! LOL, I actually enjoy that! Its just so gorgeous in the mornings. And Boxerfan, you got it right on with the breathing. It feels great! I have to do the crunches too, I am over 50 and I have found, the crunches DO WORK to help get rid of the 'spare tire'. If you do them after your walk when your muscles are warm, you get quicker results! I have lots of gardening to do in the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully that will help! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $685.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey All Keep up the great work. To those who have dogs and have the time, the best workout I do is take the dogs for a walk. Unless they are fat and unhealthy, walk them until you notice them, starting to tire and walk at the pace they want to(but don't let them pull your arm off). It's amazing how much ground you'll cover and how happy the dog's are. I walk mine after the kids have gone to bed, around a 2.5km circuit and can complete 2 laps before the dogs are starting to look like they are tiring. It's great fun and great protection for you, if you have to do it alone, like me. As I said before, keep up the great work and just like quitting smoking, don't give up. Mitch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL @ CallMeMomMom!!! I've got a few of those too! Anyone who wants them is more than welcome to them! Lolo, the key is to burn less than you consume. If you do that, then you will lose weight. It depends on your metabolism, of course, whether or not walking alone is enough... for some it is, for others it is not. It depends on what you're eating and how fast your body burns the calories. Hopefully it is enough for you. Quitting smoking does decrease your metabolism, so it all just depends. If it's not, then adding an additional 30 minutes doing another activity once or twice a week should help or perhaps upping the time you walk for or the intensity. It all just depends on your body. Crave the Quit! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 690 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2849.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ki, I found that pound you lost....I'm holding it for you....whenever you want it, it's yours! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $402.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm in too!!! Hubby & I worked in the garden for at least 3 hours with lots of bending & lifting. Tomorrow, I start a seriously walking. Lolo, walking is enough to maintain weight, as long as you're watching what you eat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 921 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol..oh sheesh...weight loss, not weight gain! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,912 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
do u guys think walking is enough to maintain your weight? I have also been watching fat intake....I have been walking at least 2 miles a day....somedays 5 miles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: