Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Couch Potatos Unite! A couch potato's workout thread!

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good one Smitty!!! I work alone , so I guess I could challenge myself to lose 5 lbs or 5 inches...and I'd be the winner no matter how fast I did it....lol I pulled weeds for an hour and 15 minutes after dinner. One of these days I'll get to plant something Lolo This site is one of the biggest obstacles to me exercising...lol -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,043 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i didn't walk today...but i did yesterday....but i did sit and type most of the day! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started a challenge at work today it was so I didn't gain anymore weight and hopefully everyone else lost at least five pounds or five inches, hopefully their motivation will wake me up again. There are black flies and misquitos here right now, but if they ever leave I'm heading outdoors again. It has been way too long since I seen sunlight and felt heat on my skin, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
OK, I did as I said yesterday.....unloaded yard waste..then the guy at the greenwaste place dumped a whole load of mulch in my truck. I shoveled for about 40 minutes unloading it. I like exercise with a purpose : ) And now, with more than 2000 cigs not smoked I don't get winded!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,028 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
thankx for the ideas angela...I just might try some of those! at least try-----lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know that I'm new, but I would really like to join in this discussion. i just recently read in a weight loss book that to find the amount of calories that you need a day to lose weight is to take your current weight (140) and multiply it by 10 (1400) and that's how many calories you need! I think that if you wanted to stay the same weight you multiply by 12 and if you want to gain (who wants that!) then multiply by 15. I'm trying to eat better and substitute my sweet craves(pop-tarts and blueberry eggos mmmmmm) for yogurt or fruit. Watermelon and strawberries are pretty good subs. Eat dark chocolate. It actually has health benefits! ;p I try to do 25 pushups every day. I also do this exercise that works the leg from knee down. Raise yourself up on your tip-toes for a second or two. I try to do 100-125 of these a day. You don't have to do it all at once. I like to break it up. I hate situps so instead, I lay on the ground on my back and then lift my legs off the ground about 6 inches and hold for 20-25 seconds. What I really need to start doing is cardio! I'm soooo lazy though! At least I'll be able to breathe better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
thanks Lolo I'm going to put my computer stuff on hold and go to the green waste site and unload my yard cuttings and shovel some compost from them -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
go outside, find stairs....anything to get that heart beating...jumping jacks....sit ups---never mind on those...i hate them...um...squats....leg lifts....um...type? LOL i guess im not much of a motivator...go out and look at all of mother nature coming into bloom...I love this time of the year...all trees have their leaves...the flowers are bloomed...the smell of lilac! oh that smells soooo goood...I think I enjoy that most during my walks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
OK, I need a push today. I have tons of puter stuff to do today, but also need to get outside and moving..so here I am, browsing thru the site. Somebody please motivate me??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
i see that some of you walk everyday...i don't walk everyday...but i try and do something even if it just an hour or two of house work...I hope this is enough...i just don't always have the time to walk.....I think my munchies have finally calmed...i am not constantly opening the fridge now LOL...I hope at least......i noticed last night...i wanted something so i grabbed a bag of salad and munched on that!------at least i finally figured out how to grab healthy stuff hehe .........x lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: