Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I want to cry!!!

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having the same problem with my weight. I walk, run, watch what I eat right and dread stepping on a scale. I am at the point that I don't even care to eat any more. I look at food now as a burden that will make me fat instead of a pleasure to sit down to a good meal. I am on a fresh start of a scecond quit. So that's not helping my mood or stress level either. Lets work this out together as we keep out quits. ~ Sky ~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am right there with you!!! I work my a$$ off and I step on the scale and it keeps moving up,up and away. I will not loose my quit over it but my body image...I just feel so puffy. I hope my weight will stabalize with time but till then I am happy the winter season is coming up. Hang in there and deal with one thing at a time!!! I understand what you are going through!!!! Sorry about the costume!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 934 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just shows how different we all are My wife is worried that I am LOSING weight since the quit! I am honestly eating no more or no less and no sweets(candies I guess) Anyone got some puppy fat to spare (Does puppy fat translate? ) Thanks Skinny Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After 1 week of hard work, even going on a mini-vacation this past weekend and not blowing my diet, I came back to weigh myself for the first time since starting the diet, and I found that I GAINED 5 pounds!!! And don't tell me it's muscle either! I haven't really been doing strengthening exercises... only my normal swimming, which shouldn't put on THAT much muscle... I mean, I swim all the time, so I know how much muscle I gain from swimming. I just want to cry! I've been working SOOOOOOOO hard at this stupid diet... for NOTHING! I've been sacrificing sooooooo much, especially this weekend when I was out of town! Why am I doing this if I'm just going to GAIN weight!!!!!! I feel like I'd be better off eating the high calorie/high fat stuff that I LIKE eating!!!!! Crave the Quit (I'm done with this stupid weight loss!) Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1375.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The thing about it is Kate, the only reason I wanted to lose weight at all was for Halloween so I could fit into my costume. There's no chance of that now, since we're just over 1 month away and I need to NOW lose at least 12 or 13 pounds... my goal was 10 before, but even if I'd lost 7 or 8, I would have probably fit into the costume... now, I need to lose too much, so it's pretty much hopeless. And yes, I quit smoking, but losing weight is so much harder for me! Quitting was about N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever, but dieting isn't like that... what? Not One Calorie Ever? I mean, we would DIE! So it's not the same concept. And plus, with quitting, I had total control over the end result - smoke or not smoke. With dieting, I seem to be doing everything right... I'm drinking lots of water and green tea, I'm eating healthy, low cal/low fat foods, I'm exercising and I'm not overeating, and yet I STILL gain weight... it's not like quitting. I don't like the fact that I don't have control over what my body does when I do everything that's right. I'm just really frustrated right now! Crave the Quit (forget the stupid weight loss)! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 334 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1379.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
God Pam,i'm so sorry to hear that you gained... i know how you feel. However you don't need to blow it. Just take a break,take sometime without dieting like crazy. That's what i decided to do.Keep exercising... eat a little more of the things you enjoy and when you will be ready...start again. You will see..it will get better!! You quit smoking..you can't lose some pounds???!?!?!? a big hug Kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phreaknbz & SkyLark, You may find it helpful to work with your doctor or a dietician. They can help you come up with a plan that is right for you that keeps in mind your medical history and your quit. Keep up the great positive attitude Phreanbz! Congrats on your day 1 SkyLark! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pam. Hi Kate. Hi Trish. I too have been dealing with the upswing of the scale. It just seems like no matter how hard I try I cant get the arrow to move in the downward direction. I've gone back to the gym and for a while I was counting points again. I had to give up the counting - I was just way to hungry all the time. I started eating more veggies and fruit and have given up the snacking and late night binging. I go to the gym every other day and in between I power walk. NO weight loss. NOt one pound - I think I have actually gained a couple - but I'm afraid to weigh myself. The gym I belong to weighs you once a month, but I think I will skip it this month - I dont need to feel any worse about it than I already do. Everyone keeps saying to give it time but I'm so afraid that in time I will just become massive! There was an interesting post awhile back about "ME"tabolism. I believe it was about eating the right combination of foods. I took a book out of the library not to long ago, written by Suzanne Summers. She basically wrote a diet book following the same idea - eating foods in the right combination. She talks alot about how its harder to loss the weight as you get older. At the time I kind of scoffed at the idea, but now I'm thinking there might be something to it. Im going to get this book back out of the library and see if it works. Something has got to give. I did not quit smoking to loss the battle of the bulge. I want to be healthy all around, in every aspect of my life. Why is this part so F#$%# hard???????? I turn 39 tomorrow. I want to go into my 4th decade stronger and healthier than ever. I will do this. I just need to find the way. I'm going to see if I can find that post on the metabolism and bump it for us. Have a great day girls! Janet
17 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you on this. I am having such a tough time losing wieght, and this used to be easy for me. The one thing I know for sure, is that smoking makes it easier not to eat, it definately is a good distraction from eating. When I stay on the diet, I lose very little, and I find it much harder to maintain a very low calorie intake now that I don't smoke. On top of not smoking, I had to have my thyroid removed about 1 year ago, so I'm used to having to restict my caloric intake, but it is much harder now. I WILL do this, but it has not been easy. Are you watching calories or trying some other method? I also am starting to show signs of metalpause, which doesn't help matter ;-). I feel the way that you do often, but just remember that your bodies chemestry is different, and with time, we'll figure out how to not smoke and lose wieght... We just need to mess with this diet and exercise thing until we find something that works. I'm not going to give up, so you can't either! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1673 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
{{{hugs}}} Don't be upset BFS, weight loss actually takes a long while. If you're doing all the right things and eating (or not eating as the case may be) the right things, the weight loss will eventually show up. Sometimes using a tape measure will give you some better indications. Try not to measure or weight yourself any more than once a week though, as weight DOES fluctuate and you want to stay motivated. If you're going to cry, cry with joy that you've been smoke-free for nearly a year now. Look at all the health benefits you've already gotten. If you could put the cigs down for good, you WILL be able to lose the weight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1241 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: