Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

New Ideas PLEASE!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have a tough battle, I suggest that you do exercise, exercise, and exercise. This is easy to say and hard to do, but it beats the diabeties. thing.
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, Buy Crispy Minis (mini ricecakes) and break them up in ziploc/sandwich bags into portion sizes (about 8 ricecakes). That way no-one will be as tempted to eat the whole bag. Lipton Cup-a-Soups are only about 50 calories with 1 gram of fat. Pickles (if you like them). Those organic pretzels have an oddly good taste - again, break the bag up into portion sizes. I found out that I like baby spinach leaves with a low-fat raspberry vinaigrette. Try NEW fruits...or mix different ones together...cut them up and put them into containers so they're easy to reach for when you're snackish. Hope this helps, Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, My cousin is a nutritionist and has helped me out several times with ideas for my children. They�ve never been overweight, but I needed ideas that were healthy, not time consuming, AND that they would eat. My teenage daughter had pretty much given up lunch at school this year. She�d stick a nutrigrain bar in her backpack and maybe a few wheat thins. There was rarely time to actually sit down and eat (they�re always working in the photo lab or something at lunch). We�ve finally hit on several healthy ideas that take no time to prepare and can be eaten anywhere. We take dried fruit for snacks as well as Cliff bars and almonds. The Cliff bars come in many flavors � my daughter�s favorite is chocolate chip peanut crunch. I check the bins at the fresh market for calories and sugar content for the dried fruit. I buy sliced pineapple that�s low sugar as well as sliced apples. Some dried fruits have a high sugar content, so you�ll have to be careful. If you don�t have access to a nutritionist, but do have a healthfood store or green grocer in town, the people there can probably help you come up with lots of ideas. There are many low fat/low sugar cheeses, breads, and pastas that children will eat. Our regular grocery has a section for diabetics. You might want to check if any on the grocery stores in you area have one as well. Good luck. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$472,347.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 23

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: