Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What am I really mad at?

13 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cold Turkey it is!  I did review the program and am familiar with what to expect.  I used this website last time I quit.  The quit meter is a great incentive for me, I hate resetting it!

It's really going to be hard coming to grips with the fact that I am not as angry as I feel.  Does that make sense?  Little things right now feel like the world is falling apart.  <sigh>  For some reason I thought since I was not as heavy a smoker as I was last time, it wouldn't be as bad.  But it is.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danielle,

I commend you on your insight! It could be one or all of those factors that you mentioned. And Breather has some good insight too.

This is Hell Week! Have you reviewed the program to prepare yourself and your coping strategies for the week ahead? I'm glad you are using the forum to gain support. Your fellow members will be invaluable in walking you thru these first steps again. Do keep in mind that you succeeded previously so you can do it again. What were some of the stragegies that you used then that helped the most? Are you going cold turkey?

Keep us posted. And have a good lunch!

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,479.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 22

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Danielle_FL Having stopped smoking for 2 years you allready know that the early days of the quit are the hardest to get through. Getting "over" anything will send us back smoking again. Overtired , overly hurt feelings , lack of sleep and any number of things are magnified when going through the early days of the quit. For the next while don't take anything too seriously as being mad at anything helps no one. Reinforce your not smoking with small rewards as we need to train our thinking patterns into a new way of thinking. You're the most important person here. Excellent for you not smoking today. breather
13 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit for 2 years after 10+ years of smoking.  I've picked it back up again, less than 10 cigarettes a day, but I WANT those cigarettes.  So today is the first day (again) of NOPE.

Of course, my daughter has an eye infection, went to school and told everyone she has pink eye.  The school is making me pick her up and take her to the doc so she gets a note stating she can be in school.  I am pi$$ed!  But I am trying to figure out what I am so angry about? 

That my daughter said she had an icky contagious eye infection?
That the school is making me take her to the doctor to prove she can be in school?
OR
The fact that I don't have a cigarrette!  I refuse to go buy them or bum one, but I REALLY want one!

Reading this thread: