Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The 2nd day is so much harder!

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay strong for your Health's Sake! Follow the programme and read all the threads you can as you stay close to the site
during these hard few days --it will get better as you learn how to alter your thinking about cigarettes...
patrick

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,237.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Danielle,

As the folks below have said this is  a challenge, but just take one minute--one hour one day at a time--and you can do this. The days become weeks and months--and it really does get easier... Hang tough and remember the ultimate prize--to be free of the nicodemon!!!! Read & post often, lots of icy water--it all hjelps...best wishes and welcome, Deb

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Danielle it does get better ..... Just keep on reading and posting for the next week ..
We will all be there for you when needed and if you are anything like me I found a couple of
posts that really stuck with me and helped me out !  Read ...... Post and keep on saying
NOPE not one puff ever ..
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $386.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, you have a coupe more tough days.. BUT as Terry and others have said Turn this into a positive.. Dont think you are giving something up... that pack of 20 was NOT your friend.. it was the biggest liar ever.. pomised You everything and gave you.. HOPEfully Nothing.. it was sneakily trying to KILL you.. friends dont kill you. I kept bottled water with me everywhere.. so when I wanted a cig I drank water... ok I sloshed for awhile,, but it helped to get the nicotine and toxins out.. and my kidneys work well.. A friend gave me a hug... told me how great my hair smelled ( I washed it the day before....) I washed all my jackets and a bunch of my clothes.. yeah I could get dressed.. and stay smelling nice. We only FOOL ourselves that "WE" are not stinky smokers.... go smell an ashtray... you will gag... smell your car after it is closed up.. YUCK... yes we do smell like that too. after a couple weeks, when you walk pass a smoker.. you will smell them, I don't care how nice they are dressed..... Picture yourself as a NON smoker, in all kinds of situations.... you can do this... it is Hell week for a reason.. but do it one hour, one day ata time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pulling for you Danielle - you are staring the dragon in the face right now. Hang tight and before you know it you'll be looking at his rear end heading away from you. Best wishes to you. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danielle! Combatting this addiction is probably going to be the hardest thing you have ever done!! Hopefully you have fully prepared yourself for this journey!!! I went through all of the milestones in the SSC program and read post after post after post on these forums!!! I was pretty much glued to this site the first couple of weeks and that is what got me through the hardest part of my quit!! Remember to post and wait for at least 5 responses whenever you get a crave and by then your crave will be gone!! Most importantly, you really have to have the desire and committment to quit!!! Like Terry stated, Positive Mental Attitude is mandatory for being successful in fighting this addiction!!! You CAN do this and we're here to help!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$44,302.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 6

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, keep a bottle of water with you. That is what I did then... and now like water so good I keep it with me still... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,915.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, yes. I need to stay busy. If I can focus my mind on something else, I should be ok. I am doing the breathing exercises, that is what helped me throughout the day, that and drinking lots of water. I think I need to make sure I have a bottle of water on me at all times, that really seems to help. Pick the water up, put the chocolate down! Thanks...one more day down. :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle One thing that i found really helpful, that was pointed out to me by member on this site. I was dwelling on my quit, the negative part. "Quitting sucks" "quitting is hard" etc.etc. Instead of focusing on the positive like how my clothes didn't smell, nor did my car or my "smoking room". I refocused, starting doing things to keep my mind busy, like cleaning/washing and reorganizing after my quit and i found things went so much easier and days went by so much faster when i wasn't dwelling on the quit and how hard it was. Just a suggestion. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $835.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It will be harder only if you say it will be. Try to keep a PMA-Positive mental attitude. Do it even if you don't believe it. YOu'll be fine. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: