Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I had my first non-smoking dream!

16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since I quit, my daytime life has been great. Apart from the first 3 days when I was an absolute nightmare, I have been enjoying almost everything about stopping smoking. Sure, I had the odd trigger but I've been able to divert my thoughts from that without too much trouble and I feel like I've reached a calm acceptance about my quit. But, every night when I went to bed, I would constantly dream about smoking. In my dreams, I could easily peel back a pack a night ... lol. The dreams disturbed me a little because I felt as though my serenity during the daytime might just be a mask, and it would take some time to get back into my happy frame of mind. Well, last night, I dreamt that my husband and I got off a bus at a shopping centre and we had a huge fight. He said "I'm buying some smokes" and went into a shop. I started walking home and he came home about 10 minutes after me. I could see he had a packet of smokes in his hand and he went out onto our deck and lit one up. He pushed the pack towards me and raised his eyebrows. You know what? I didn't even want one! I wasn't even tempted (well, in my dream). He smoked half of his cigarette and then threw it away. We burned the packet in the fireplace, and made up our fight. It was such a strange dream and we laughed in the morning when I told my husband about it. I said to him "Now I'm not having smoking dreams just for me, I'm having them for you too!" Isn't the human mind a strange thing? As a teenager, I was anorexic and I used to have dreams where I was scoffing back piles and piles of huge cakes ... Anyway, my reward this week is to get my teeth cleaned and whitened. I am then going to walk around the streets and randomly smile at strangers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: