Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

It feels like a marathon and my endurance is being tested!

17 years ago 0 231 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing I went through a few days where I wouldn't read a "negative" post but the fact is we all need to be prepared and ever vigilant. Everyone needs to know that there will be trying times ahead but also shown that these obstacles can be overcome. We are in a life long marathon and that is why I think the advice of one minute, one hour, one day at a time applies regardless of how long our quit is. We just have to take a breath and get back in the race so keep your running shoes on :) PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, You weren't offending me. I was saying just the opposite! I appreciated your post. Do we have a misunderstanding? Mike P.S. I see you all over in threads I read. Your presence here and great spirit is helping me out. Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ooops, hope I didn't offend anyone with this post...??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,625.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 21

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel exactly the same way. And I'm only in day 3! But I'm in this marathon until I win so.... Just this morning I posted this in another thread: "Woke up this morning instantly thinking of smoking a cigarette (by habit), got me kind of down when I realized it was a strong craving I had to deal with. I kind of felt like Bill Murray waking up in the movie Groundhog Day, if you can relate. I know it's only day 3 but that's how I felt. Anyway, I got on the thread here, read what you all have posted this morning and my funk is lifting. Thank you, my friends. I am so looking forward to not smoking being an unconscious thing, instead of this hypervigilant awareness that I've had since I quit. Don't get me wrong, it's all so worth it. It's just such a big mental tug of war. IN WHICH THE NICODEMON HAS NO CHANCE!!!!! :mad: " Changing, I don't feel like it's negative to talk a bit about it. It helps me and others to know this is a common feeling among ex-smokers. I feel like if I know what to expect around day 50, 100, or 150, I'll be better prepared to deal with it. And if my experience is different, OK. At least I'm prepared for the possible bumps in the road. Thanks, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kita You have a great quit going on there, 23 days is fantastic! Today is one of those really good days for me, but i have had my share on really tough ones, just read some of the old posts here. The good thing is I realized that no matter how bad it got, SMOKING was not an option at all. And I knew I could come here for the help I needed. I go back to my oncologist next week and I can finally tell her that I am smoke free. She is going to just be thrilled! I have been waiting for the opportunity to say that to a doctor, now is my chance. You will feel better, I promise you that. Try and stay very positive, that helps. Always try and remember the good reasons you are quitting. Keep up the good work and let us know if we can help in any way. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Changing and Angelcapp, I only have half the time in the two of you do but I am going through the same things. There are days I feel there is no stopping me and then there are days I don't think I can do this anymore. Ofcourse smoking is not an option for me anymore I am determined to keep my quit. The other thing I am finding out is I never realized I was the addict that I am. I have been smoking 30 years and never tried to stop and now that I have I can see the addict. Coming here and reading and following the program have saved my quit and it couldn't have happed without all the support I have received. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $149.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, I certainly do feel the same way. I am very close to your quit numbers and I have had a couple of really tough weeks where I was just worn out from keeping this quit. But as they say, it does get easier and easier. I think I finally had to come to the conclusion that if I am in a negative mood, the craves actually are worse. So I try and stay positive and in a good mood. It makes it so much easier to handle. I think each newbie will find the same thing happening t them, but they must realize that it is something that they can get past and they will feel so much better about themselves when they do get past it. The help of this site has been tremendous and I feel like I have made so many friends here. So the newbies need to keep coming back here, especially when the times are tough! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]First of all, let me just say that I am a non-smoker and will never take another drag of a cigarette.[/color] Having made that clear, I want to ask about other peoples experience with this endurance challenge. At times I really feel like I'm running a marathon and I wonder if I have the stamina to make it to the finish line. At times I feel really worn out from the daily battle. At times I wonder if I'll ever reach a point in my life where smoking will be a vague memory with no feeling attached to it. When these "times" come up, it takes all of my strength to just keep going. To all of my friends reading this who have less quit time, I do not want to discourage or scare you. Let me reiterate that I have no intention to give in & smoke (it's not even an option in my thinking), and these tough times that I'm talking about are few & far between! After much deliberation over whether or not I should post this, for fear of sounding negative to "newbies", I decided to go ahead - I think it's okay for newcomers to know that sometimes this journey is hard, but it's always doable! It would be helpful to me to know if anyone else feels the way I do, and/or if anyone has any suggestions for managing this experience??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,625.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 21

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Changing - I have to admit that I do feel bad when I post a "negative" thread....but then I need to remind myself that those are few and far between now. At the beginning, I think I posted every single day...Quitting seemed like pure torture. Now there are moments when I think of smoking and one instance where I felt like caving but, for the most part, life is good! Just like the grieving process, it's painful at the beginning but with time, it gets better and better. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Katy, My advice for what it's worth: 1) Bingo's post more or less sums up how I feel 2) It IS a long climb to the top. It does get better by imperceptible amounts each day and that's why sometimes you feel that no progress is being made. 3) It's not just about nicotine withdrawal. It's about many years of your brain being conditioned to get its regular 'reward' 4) Accept that it's not going to be OK overnight, in a week, or even several months. Ask yourself the question "Am I prepared to go through a tough year or so in order to quit for good?". If the answer to this is Yes, you can do this! Believe it or not you can 'know that you will never take another drag of a cigarette' and enjoy the feeling too! wishing you well Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: