Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Thelma & Louise

17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yah I thought maybe the ole mind was going...I kept hearing that line from the movie though..... Sorry to hear you have a cold or flu, I was just thinking yesterday that T'd been lucky to avoid any of those in the past month. But I have the sore neck thing. I thought maybe is was from spending so much time on the computer lately.(LOL) Actually, I think its stress from work. Last couple of days have been very busy and dealing with the public wears on you after a while. I don't have very many cravings, (knock on wood.) Once in a while one will surprise me. I get more of the low background drone of something is missing feeling, and if I drown it in food it disappears,,,(LOL) I have been walking on the treadmill, as Mother Nature isn't cooperating with any spring weather yet...maybe this weekend by the sounds of things. Hope you feel better for the weekend! Try chicken soup, it always works for a cold! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you're insane. And...does this mean we're going to die soon? LOL!!! No, you're not insane. But...what I've been dealing with these last few days is none stop cravings. At least, it seems like it. They're not overwhelming... the volume is much lower... but they are persistant. No... I'm not going to smoke... but I'm getting sick of the cravings, that's for sure. And I can't say I feel any more awake or alive... or revitalized. I have a lousy cold and a pain in my neck, like a pulled muscle. My throat is sore and I feel kinda weak. But, having said all that... I haven't smoked, I don't intend to smoke... and if the best I can hope for in the next while is to feel like crap... but remain smoke-free... so be it. I won't smoke no matter what I feel like. I'm glad that you're feeling better though! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $342.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Line from the movie: as they drive thru the Grand Canyon Thelma says: "I feel awake. I mean really awake. I don't ever remember feeling this awake" That line describes what I have been feeling this past week. That "fog" from the first couple of weeks is long gone, and now I feel so awake. I don't mean insomnia awake, I mean awareness awake. Maybe its from all that good oxygen my brain is getting now. Maybe it just the improved breathing and circulation. Maybe its just heightened awareness of being alive...whatever it is..it feels great! Anyone else notice anything like this...(or am I going insane.......) ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 949 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Enjoy this time in your quit! Your senses are returning to what they should have always been so enjoy! It's a whole new world out there! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 231 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey I know what you mean. I have started to come out from under the fog and there really is a heightened awarness of things. It is like sensory overload sometimes ! I know my wife thinks I have "slipped over the edge" so to speak but she may have thought that anyway :) I think we are just experiencing what things look like, feel like, smell like and so on without being covered by a shroud of smoke and a fix of nicotine. Whatever it is, I am liking it ! PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $139.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lookinglass, Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Be careful, my son had the same symptoms and it ended up being Strep. It has been going around the schools here a lot. Hope you feel better soon! Stay Strong, Stay Quit :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,059 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: