Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Tears and tears and more tears!

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serendity. Add me to your list. I've cried so much in the past 2 years. I learned this from my parenting board but what I'm doing (as I keep getting the same run around from my gyn's), I am seeing a doctor who specializes in HRT, but HRT that is taylored to YOU. If you call your pharmacy and ask them for doctors who deal with compounding hormone replacement therapy, you'll get a name, hopefully! It took me 2 years for find the right doctor. Some insurances are fighting it but I still think it is covered by most insurances in the US (I'm talking via conversatons with women in similar situations). It's very hard to go through menopause, I'm perimenopausal and to top that with quitting smoking, you have to let stress out in some way and crying is my stress reducer. I don't bawl at the office but I do cry in the wee hours and I feel better afterwards. I'm almost 45 and a good friend of mine went through peri menopause for 10 years (it varies of course from person to person). Google it, you'll be amazed at the number of hits you get. Keep up the good work. Marie
17 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Self talk has helped me through the crying stage. I'm not giving up anything...I'm gaining a better, healthier, longer life by letting go of a demon. It does pass doll. Take it all one minute at a time and stay focussed and positive. trace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity: They say that crying is good for us -- cleanses the soul and all that. I hope you weren't asking how long menopause lasts -- mine has been at least 15 years with no apparent end in sight! Yikes! You're right, though, to consider the combination of the two as a reason for all the tears. What can you do? Some things we just can't control and that's ok. Hang in there Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,062 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $808 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the good news is that it doesn't last. you need to let yourself go through this. be kind to yourself. don't take on anything extra. try not to make any major decisions. don't run for a smoke to avoid the uncomfortableness(sp?). ride it out, it's all a normal part of it. You're doing great - really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear that I am not the only person crazy enough to quit smoking all while going through menopause!!!!Yikes! A lethal combination... I was more sensitive and yes, would cry more easily. Mostly I just slept it all off. Mild depression can be a symptom when we quit smoking and lots of crying and sleeping are often part of depression. Like anything else, it all came to pass and now I am happy as could be and don't sleep all the time. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't get cranky, can sleep OK, don't eat too much, can concentrate - most of the time. But BOY do I cry! I just feel as if I cry at the LEAST wee thing and it's bugging me. (Mind you, I suspect I am also menopausal, maybe not the BEST combination?!) Doesn't make me feel like a smoke, but getting tired of it now. So kick my backside, tell me how long it lasts and pass me some more tisues pleeeeeease. s [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,346 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aw guys. I just came back on this morning not expecting so many replies and I have been moved by your words, your kindness and your support. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! No tears today so far and am going to try to keep busy. Hopefully, after this second month is over, I will start to feel a bit better?! I live in hope. Blessings to you and hugs to the teary. Love, S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy can I relate! Quitting smoking brings out the emotional side for sure! Stay away from Lifetime movies for awhile...try a good comedy flick. If all else fails, log on here. There's always a few of us that will join you for a good soul-clensing cry! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1048 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
serenity2... (love the name - say it slowly and take in the sound - I picture a lovely lake or waterfall :) Take some time to heal. Tears are always a blessing of an opportunity to do some healing, so take the time - and embrace the process. Don't rush it, friend - honour those tears. Just stay in the moment and be with the tears, the feelings, the journey. Those 38 days are looking good - let those days have their moments, dear one :) Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 319 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1483.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why isn't anyone following my advice??? Get rich quick and buy stock in Kleenex??? :p Seriously, I sobbed (and slept) for most of the 1st month and alot of the second month. It will pass. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 642 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,072 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2247 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 90 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$794,780.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5683 Hours: 2

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: