Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Please no celebration for !

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, How are you doing?!?! Please come here and tell us what happened!!!! I hope you're still quit! Please post!!! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 373 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1540.49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Sparky, Glad you made it through!!! You're gonna make it my friend! You did the right thing... when you didn't think you could go anymore, you posted! I'm so proud of you! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 372 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1536.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Sparky!!!! That nicodemon has a strong hold on you!!! That's not you talking, that's him!!! So wrestle yourself free and get the hell away from that damned demon!!!! You DO want this quit! You are NOT going to smoke!!! Keep saying that to yourself! I have seen MANY people go back to smoking... both here and in my real life, and I have heard virtually all of them say they wished that they hadn't smoked, but I haven't seen ONE single person say "I'm so glad I went back to smoking! That was the best thing I ever could have done!" So you want to smoke? So what?!?! We are adults! Adults sometimes do things that they don't want to do because we know it's the RIGHT thing TO do... and quitting is DEFINITELY the right thing to do! You DO want this quit! I know you do! Right now, you want to smoke, but this desire WILL go away... but only if you stay smoke free! What in your life is making you want to smoke? What can you do besides smoking that will help you alleviate some of the stress in your life? Smoking is NOT the answer! The things going on in your life are still going to go on whether you smoke or not! You can hide from them for a while behind a cigarette, but they will still be there when you finish that cigarette. Here's what I want you to do. Read all of your reasons for quitting 10 times. You already posted here, so wait for 10 responses. AND, you must call/IM/email at least one quit buddy before you can smoke. Do that and if you STILL want to smoke more than you want to stay quit, then OK. At least you tried. But please, do NOT smoke without doing these things!!! I really hope that you will keep your quit, but my wanting you to isn't enough... YOU have to want to too. And until you want to quit more than you want to smoke, then there's nothing anybody can do to stop you. I wish you the best. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1532.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Sparky The basics, remember them and why you decided to quit. Take a hot shower right now, go eat something, do anything. You have to know that smoking does not help any situations at all. Don't let your guard down, distract, don't dwell, and get your mind off of it. You can make this if you just say Hell no, go way, I don't need you. Use the self talk.
Sparky is okay! Thank you Sparky, Sparky okay and we are okay!
Maybe Sparky is taking a shower. :)
Sparky Can you please come to the phone and tell us how you are doing :). Come on now, you can do this! Let's see a great big smile, we care about you. You are a big part of our quit team!. Come on say hello, please.
Tennielle You are so wonderful. Thank your for your help. Cheers lady!
Hello Sparky! Been waiting for you. Did you get a chance to go on that 3 mile walk today? As for who we are, Think of us as your extended family that you probalbly will never meet in person. We are your concious as you are ours. We both know you want to stay quit so please do me a favor go take a nice bath, and have some chocolates and keep posting here.
Sparky Have you gone over and thought about the reasons why you decided to quit smoking. I'm certain that they are still valid reasons. Go ahead and mentally recite those reasons to yourself over and over again so that they can be reafirmed in your mind.

Reading this thread: