Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

so stupid!!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started thinking about what I could get away with and still say I'm smoke free. Like having one puff, or smoking a cigar, not a cigarette right. But when I thought about more I knew that there's nothing that I can do to cheat and rationalize it. You have to be true to yourself....If you take a puff then you smoked. There's no in between. Otherwise the next time you take a hit off you co-workers smoke you'll take two...then you'll share one...then you'll have one. It's not easy, but it will be worth it..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there again, how are you all? I am feeling guilty because yesterday in a bad moment at work, I made a puff from my colleague�s cig. It was really yucks!!!!!! Being at my 3rd week, I am trying to copy with my withdrawal symptoms and believe me are still tough especially in evenings. This week, I got one more symptom: insomnia!!! The last 3 days I wake up in the middle of the night and I can hardly sleep again. Is that going on forever? Scary Tsikos from Greece [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �89.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Phil, Thanks for your advice but unfortunately, my cats don`t need a walk and I don`t drive��.. Just kidding!!!!! I only take time to time nicotine gums. In the afternoon I will meet my doctor and will discuss the issue I have already found Kate, she was the first reply to my quitting announcement. She Is doing great Tsikos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 490 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �89.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tsikos....don't these withdrawal symptoms just bite. Fortunately sleeping hasn't been an issue for me (most of the time) but I think that was because I was already taking medication that made me sleep at night. I have of people using natural alternatives or getting a script from the doctor if sleep becomes too much of an issue. Unfortunately, sleeping IS an issue for my tiny little kitten that was one of our rewards and she INSISTS on getting up at 5:30 when my hubby leaves for work....and she runs and jumps all over the bedroom........sooooo sleeping in has been a problem. (I don't have to get up till 7:30 or 8!!) Guess we better be careful what we reward ourselves with. By the way.......Congrats on 16 days! Good job! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey! 16 days is great! This is all normal. The sleeping problem may have happened anyway dont blame everything in your life on not smoking!!(Most of us have been guilty of this) Perhaps you have something else on your mind? Are you using patches or something if not do try some form of NRT! Work later,walk the dog,clean the car keep busy. I smoked for 50 years and have not smoked now for approx 9 weeks.Not one puff in 9 weeks.Nowhere near out of the woodsbut I think I am more than half way. Its not scary its flaming horrendous but it goes away. I have said it before here I am a wimp and if I can do it anyone can!! You ought to find Kate from Greece and see what a little hero she is!!! Keep going!!!!!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �330.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tsikos, I had a very hard time sleeping in the beginning. I would wake up and not be able to get back to sleep. It does get better. If I feel restless before bedtime I take a bath and read a book. Or I drink someting to help me sleep like warm milk or decaf tea. Now I have no trouble sleeping anymore. It will get better you just need to get through it. N.O.P.E. ~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 457 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $482.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tsikos, don,t be hard on yourself, this is all normal, have you rewarded yourself lately for being smoke-free? Now about that puff, don't do that :), as it gets you right back to withdrawal and one puff can lead to a pack a day. N.O.P.E. not one puff ever is the key. So it does get better, keep working on it and you'll get it for sure. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,806 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Tsikos, well...one puff can make you see what you've been doing to yourself all these years and not do it again! You will have moments that you will be surprised with yourself because you will see that you didn't want to smoke but in the past you would definately lit one up. But there are moments that you don't expect it and oops...here it comes. stay strong.Take care of yourself. Soon you will sleep good again and better than before. doesn't it feel waking up in the morning with a fresh mouth????? take care tsikos stay near to us. love ya kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tskikos, You've experienced a slip, now is the time to learn from it and keep going. If your quit plan isn't always effective in helping you fight cravings, it's time to review your plan, identify problem areas and modify what isn't working. Are you rewarding yourself frequently? If you have nothing to look forward to, nothing worth more than smoking than what do you have to work towards? What motivates you through those cravings? What have you replaced smoking with? Ex: You use to smoke with your cup of coffee, now you read the paper instead. What other coping mechanisms are you using to help you fight cravings? Gum, walking, posting, mints, deep breathing, water? Sorry to hear you're now battling insomnia. There are a few things you can try: * going to bed and getting up at the same time everyday. * adding some or more physical activity to your routine. * consulting your physician or pharmacist about sleeping aids. This is common among quitters. Smoking drained your energy. Now that you've quit, your body has an excess it's not use to. In time your body will readjust and you will sleep full nights again. Keep strong! You can do this! You have 16 days under your belt! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey tsikos, You tried one puff... it tasted yucky thats what is important. As for the lack of sleep thing, I went for weeks with only an hour or two of sleep early in my quit. I posted here alot. It does get better in time. I couldn't do it because of my work, but maybe a sleep aid will help you. Just keep that quit at all costs! N.O.P.E. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 215 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1451.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: