Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

ITS SOOOOO OVER!!!

17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jacko, I read that exercise is one of the most helpful a x-smoker can during especially during the quit. Don't over do your workout and better to take it easy than have to stop exercise all together for months. Your stats look great! A big yahoo for Jacko. Navigator [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jacko, Way to go, Jacko! You are doing a great job...keep up the great work!! Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Jacko Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am pleased that you went back on the Zyban and have enough to get you through your holiday. I was a bit worried that you would end up on the duty frees and do what i would have done, tell yourself you would just smoke for the holiday and quit when you returned. Which would have been a shame, and thrown away all the good work you have done. You said that you found the sweats/side effects to be too much. Have you tried just taking one in the morning - only and not another late at night? Thats what i did, and now I kind of get best of both worlds, I am still on it.. but only half the dosage, and because i take it when i get up in the morning, it doesnt keep me awake, also i dont feel like it is too strong for me. That said though, I am a woman with a womans frame, so it might be different. I honestly thought when you said that you had come off zyban and were going on holiday, that you would go away without your medication, not be able to get anymore whilst out there... and would have smoked otherwise it would have ruined your holiday. Thats the way nicotine junkie minds think. I am so glad that you are one step ahead.. but maybe think about taking just one and not two.. if you want to get some sleep and get rid of the sweats? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Jacko, You could try stress less, or Kalms? You can buy them in the chemist dont cost that much. About a fiver I think. Stress less pills are herbal, and are advertised as designed to take 'the edge' off quitting smoking. Prepare for your trip. Cigarettes are VERY cheap in Turkey and think how you are going to get through duty free's... without purchasing them for yourself? I believe in you, and that you can do this! If I dont speak to you before, have a great holiday. But have a think about those herbal helps? It might help. I know that my junkie head would definately say - they are so cheap.. I will just smoke for this holiday and I will quit when I come back. Dont do that, there are internet cafes everywhere check in with us often and enjoy your holiday! :) It roasting out there now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 791 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
I can see where you are coming from I was waking up at 5am on Zyban. I found that the dosage of 300ml was way too high for me personally and I started taking one tablet of 150ml which i take in the morning, i find that doesnt really affect me, although it does still stop me from wanting to smoke. I kind of ofo got sick of it too recently and stopped taking them altogether but after a couple of days i realised that it was harder for me not to think about smoking. I dont know why. There are a lot of side affects with Zyban, i dont think that these are that well publisised. I know myself very well, and know how i feel about things, but I think that zyban made me paranoid and certainly made me think irrationally. I didnt know what was true and what wasnt true. It was for this reason that i came off it. I wanted to smoke so i have gone back to it for a few more weeks, but on a much lower dosage. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! I have been taking St. John's Wort to take a little of the edge off and Valerian at night to help me sleep. Its like a natural valium that yoiu can get at any drugstore. I would get the one from the health food store which is a few dollars more but doesn't have the pungent odor of the drugstore ones. I was having a horrible time sleeping and even after over a month I still wake up 2 hours before I used to, or need to. But at least I feel rested. It does get better, just hang in there. Cry, scream, break stuff, whatever you have to do. Just don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well im on Zyban a few days more only-- I took st johns wort and did not know they interact--got unwell and stopped st, johns wort!!! Fell better but zyban makes me forgetful sort off :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $604.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was cold turkey, I had a horrible time sleeping and everyone here told me that was normal and you just got to get through it. They also said try Melotonin (sp?) Healer Within had that suggestion. I am taking Wellbutrin which, I understand is the same as Zyban. I've had no side effects but I don't know how you tell if it's working. I am still having cravings some. Love, Mama Melba [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$74,943.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 10

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, Start planning how will deal with cravings before they actually hit. Jacko, You're putting forth a great effort, keep up the great progress and be sure to let us know how your trip went. Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: