Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,554 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

that "empty feeling"

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Edgefan - tomorrow's Tuesday - so if you're not feeling better already, you will by then! lol - I loved that post. I have had many of those little voices telling me how I can get around the quitting thing - I've been squelching it, along with that 'empty' feeling, as best I can. I hope you're doing okay. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Got that "empty feeling" in my stomach since I quite. I read on here it will go away on "Tuesday" ;) First 4 days were pure hell. Now that the "N" is out of my system, the psyco stuff is hitting. One thought keeps coming up, maybe just 1 cigar, not a cig. I find I now have to take it 1 day at a time. Smoke free since quit day. it really helps to post when that craving hits. Thanks :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL you found the Tuesday post, heh? That's a good one! ;p Post some of those junkie thoughts. Shevie says once they are down on paper ... they are funny as heck to read. He's right. You see them and then you see how ridiculous it sounds. Try it ... it works. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$54,504.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 7

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Edgefan, Keep persevering, you've almost got the right idea with the cigar thing. You do need to replace smoking with a new habit although a cigar may not be wise, it's a slippery slope. Good job coming to post when craving, glad to hear it helps. Danielle ______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
edgefan, after 13 days of not smoking, the first puff of one cigar is going to make you choke, hopefully, puke ;p Don't be offended. I mean that in the best of ways. All the support, that I really can offer is my own tale. At about 4 months into my First Quit, I was at a party, where everyone was smoking, except my date and me. We both decided, "why not?" Man, let me tell you, I took a big inhale, started choking and put it out. That inhale, though, stayed on mind for several months. I, finally, realized how I could inhale without choking. DID IT. Was back up to 2 packs a day within a few weeks. After coming as far as you have, it's not worth it. If you smoke a cigar now, you will weaken your resistance and it will be harder to avoid temptation next time. Trust me. Good luck edgefan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi edgefan! Hang in there! I know exactly what you mean about the empty feeling and the voice! Please do not do the cigar thing that will lead you right back to the cigarettes. My dad was addicted to cigars and a pipe. Start a detailed journal about your life, everytime you want a puff go and write a sentence or two. Study a book on physcology or anatomy or the effect of smoking and look at live pics of what is does to your body, it really gross go volunteer around people who are dying from smoking or getting treatment for lung cancer due to smoking. I know these are some intense suggestions but when you are battling the nicodemon and it seems to make smoking as a glamour it wont harm you thing, sometimes it take real reality to bring our thoughts down out of the clouds. Smoking is not okay and the end result it wrinkles, act, pains, o2 tank and death. Your friend Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$166,237.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6008 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
alright forgive me of my typos, guess that what I get for not checking, also I was speaking from my heart and had to type fast. My head also was in the clouds I am also having a bad nicodemon attack. Thanks Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$166,237.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6008 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cigars will get you "N" trouble. If U don't believe me, just ask President Clinton. ;) Do keep PostN edgefan. It does help fill the void. Are a fan of 'The edge'? (aka Dave Evans, gtr player for the band U2) or EDGE radio or something else? [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 303 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1515 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
edgefan... That empty feeling will go away. I filled that empty feeling with LIFE! Try a new hobby or something you have always wanted to do but never seemed to have the time. Smoking took up a lot of our time and now you can fill that void with something useful. We all make it one step at a time, one day at a time. Don't feel alone. You are doing great with 13 days on your meter! That is awesome! Remember to take deep breaths and drink a lot of ice water. Helps you get through the cravings. BTW....I agree that posting helps with the craves... Look how many times I've posted :p Keep going! The freedom is AWESOME [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 353 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,079 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1235.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The empty feeling is normal - you're on the same track as the quitters stay strong. Do not have a cigar - it contains the one thing you're trying to escape from - nicotine - no difference from a cigarette - PLEASE DONT !!!! The psycho stuff is difficult but just stay focussed and it gets easier by the day - you're doing great don't fall for any of the tricks :)
  • Quit Meter

$375,714.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8460 Hours: 16

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: