Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

For the Newbies!!!

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your post made me cry. Maybe because I am on day 1 and just plain emotional but either way it hit home. One of my biggest reasons for quitting is my son. I am so afraid of how I am going to act in these next weeks. I do not want to take any of this out on my son or husband but I am so afraid that is exactly how its going to play out. I am afraid that I will blow up and then say "well, if I just smoke then all this would just go away!" But I know that is not true because the habit will not go away. I can't wait until the day when I am where you are. It seems like a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG Way off though. Gotta be honest! I am reading all theposts from people who are on day 7-15 and still having trouble. I was hoping that it would be a bit faster than that. I smoked for 14 years so I cant expect it to just go away like that. Anyway, thanks for posting that...it hit home for me!
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Krazy, honestly....�not everyone has a difficult time quitting. I�m on day 7 , using the Commit lozenge(love it) and it has been fairly easy for me. The first day was the hardest, but I just kept drinking water. I think that is key. Trust me, I�m no tower of strength, am under a lot of stress and I loved smoking. If I can do it�.you can too
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Funky0311 Just my opinion, I don't know if it's appropriate to say to a new quitter that you can sit back and laugh. Maybe saying what's on your mind can be misinterpreted by others. We know you understand how it feels, however, remember how sensitive you were????? A kinder, gentle support is what the new folks want/need. Many congratulations to you on your 80 days. CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your words are very encouraging Funk0311... It's a little too soon in my quit for me to see much of the humor in my hell/heck weeks but I look forward to the day that I can look back and laugh at myself for all my angst over a nasty weed. As hard as it's been these past two weeks I know it was the best gift I've ever given myself and my family. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cobenfan, Hello fellow quitter. Whether it is appropriate or not, that is up to the individual. I am not trying to sugar-coat anything. Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I committed to at the time. The statement of sitting back and laughing was true. I remember telling my wife I want a divorce repeatedly for making me mad (I have later appologized for such words). And yes I still do laugh. It was the best walk I have ever taken in my life. I would do it again in a fraction of a heart-beat. I mainly laugh because I can now play with Jacob, my son, and not have to worry about him changing my oxygen tank when I get older, which speaks volumes for itself! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sit back and laugh now. I remember when I first began my quit. Those moments were hell. I counted the passing seconds. Every moment seemed as if it were an eternity. My life, ney, my families life was hell, they told me. To fast foward in time, I have no withdraws. I will never smoke again. What happened between these two moments was an emotional rollercoaster. It went from moments of nonstop hugging my son, to not being able to look in the mirror at the monster that stood there staring back at me. The travel was worth it! I can now look at my son and say, "You will not have to change my oxygen tank when you are older." I leave you newbies with this, this will be the most crowning achievement in your life. I am proud of you all. And speaking for your lungs, "We thank you." [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Funk! Gosh I have wondered about U. I'm pleased 2see U are right on track. :) I believed U would make it and here U are. Way2go man. U hang N there and keep up the great quit. And speaking for [i]our sons[/i], "We thank you." ;) [color=blue]~[font=Arial]all the best[/font][/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: