Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The cravings are back..

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
phreaknbz, You need to come up with a plan! When a craving sets in, think about what are you going to do or what you can do to not give in! Try writing down some coping techniques to particular scenarios. For example, the house is clean there is nothing to do and the cravings kicks in. You have already eaten and you are in a state of panic. Try leaving the house, go for a walk, call a friend, jump on the site, have a shower. Anything that takes your mind off of temptation is beneficial. Quitting smoking is not easy and that is why we are here! We are here to help you learn on how to quit smoking and be successful. You can do this! Keep us posted and be sure to jump back on the site to let us know how you have coped with your cravings. We all learn from each other! Take care and congrats on quitting smoking, Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yup- could sleep all day some time; some days bouncing off the walls. IT really is something. I'm going to get into a nicotine anonymous group ASAP in my area. This is one serious quit. Ugh Hang in there! Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, now I understand.. I was thinking that this was getting pretty easy. I really haven't wanted to smoke. I have wanted a new personality, but not a smoke ;-). Well, it started day before yesterday.. the cravings are back... not unlike week 2 cravings. I woke up wanting a cig this morning. Very wierd. This is the first time in a while I've really wanted to smoke. I hope this passes soon. Now I'm fat, tired and I want to smoke ;-). I think we should only have to deal with one or two of these at a time! I now believe that smoking is a stimulant. I'm just starting to come out of the fog. I have been so tired the last couple of weeks. That is starting to get a little better and I'm exercising more. I hope these craving go aways soon! Are others really tired and sleeping more? I've heard others say they have a rough patch with cravings about this this time in their quit, how many days did it stick around for you folks? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everybody.. I'll take your suggestions and thanks for the support! Sometimes I worry that I'm sick or there is something wrong with me I'm so tired. But, I just keep thinking.. well, this can't last forever, and if I smoke then I'll have to go through this crap again, soooo.. onward and upward ;-) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey phreaknbz.. We are about at the same point and I get a few cravings like you too. I think of it like.. Nicodemon accumulates the cravings and then tries to hit you hard.. to make you slip. If you don't, then it passes. But, beware, because he is collecting them for the next time. Eventually, it will take him too long to collect enough to do any harm and the cravings will become almost non-existent. Be strong.. and ignore !! As for the weigh gain.. I got it too. 2 days ago, I decided to lose the weight and started a high metabolism/low fat diet. It is not a I can't eat anything and feel like crap diet either. Not eating breakfast or skipping meals only ends up lowering your metabolism.. and are not good for your health.. or your attitude.. lol I am posting what I did and the great effects in the dieting forum under IT'S WORKING YES !!! You are so far along.. tell Nicodemon to hit the road !! Hang Tuff !! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow..I can really connect with your feelings....I can sleep all day..I am trying to do some studying on Medical Terminology..and my mind is like a wet sponge..too full to absorb anything...lol I think I was more intellectual when I smoked...LOL (just kidding) I too have been craving cigs more often...especially when I am driving to work in the mornings...I keep hearing you all telling us newbies that this too shall pass....so I'm just gonna trust you...thanks again for this site...Melody [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I totally understand what you are going through. I too thought I had this beat and then WHAMMO, I was broadsided for about 3 days around my 45 day mark. Hang in there, the sun does come out again. I also am feeling tired. I thought I would have limitless energy by now, but it hasn't happened yet. Keep Strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phreaknbz - Somethings just happen like clockwork..I don't know what it is about that 38-45 day mark but old nicodemon plays a number on us. I thought I would go crazy for a few days and felt that all the good work I had done was lost...and I was even thinking that maybe I would not make it...but then IT PASSED...it took about 3 days...keep it up....congrats for making it this far and you will continue...cheers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1771 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Zookie! I remember when you were at that stage :) . Folks this is quite a journey we are on here. It's full of ups and downs but know that all the cravings, junkie thinking, and agony of quitting does pass with time. You just have to dig deep and hang on with everything you've got. Dismiss all junkie thinking as soon as it starts. Quitting isn't easy but it is doable. Lean on your friends here when the times get tough. That is what has gotten a lot of us through difficult times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: