Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What is this trembling???

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am experiencing those symptoms today myself, since this is my first day. I did have a setback, but oh well .. i can't keep beating myself up over it. I just have to keep going and go on. As for the tremors, I've read that it will be a little while before they cease. My husband is there to help when I need it .. he gives me a gentle massage, and that helps some .. Diane [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Notkool, You are not alone .. I am "shakey" too. I am about to go for a run and come back and have a hot shower and a good breakfast. You should try that too..good luck...
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Notkool, you've gone 4 days well done! that is a great achievement. Try and focus on the positive things - you smell great, you don't wheeze any more, your breath smells fresh. Enjoy the craves because they are the price we pay for feeling great. Long live the quit!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N.O.P.E, N.O.P.E, and N.O.P.E!!!! Just don't smoke!!! It sucks for sure but they don't call it "Hell Week" for nothing! We are half way through the woods...don't quit the quit yet! Take a deep breath (you can now, btw ;) ) , have some gum or a snack, take a nice long drink of water, take a day off of work and nap a lot...Do whatever you would like...But please don't smoke! I haven't had these symptoms...thank heavens...but I am gonna guess that a lot of it is your nerves...One minute, one second at a time...you can Not Smoke! And we are all here for you...Keep your chin up!!!! (((((((((((((YOU))))))))))))))) Amy
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How strong is your patch? Maybe its too strong. I've heard of this in people who stopped smoking but used a patch that was too strong. That's why I chose the lozenges. More control.. I personally cannot wait a few weeks for the tremors to go away. I cannot just not work for a few weeks and I cannnot use sharp scissors and clippers around live animals with tremors. I cannot use sharp scissors and clippers around live animals when all that's on my mind is wanting a cigarette. Yesterday I had to return dogs to some very angry customers. A few more days of that and my doors will close no matter how I feel.
18 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Notkool, Hang in there. Drink some fruit juice, relax, and remember this shall pass. You will feel a whole lot better in a few days, believe me. Gaby [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, eating helps me. I like Red Vines. Drink lots and lots of water, too. I keep my drink bottle next to me at all times and when I'm uncomfortable I chug like a maniac. Then I feel much better. Arwensmom could be onto something regarding the patch. I chose oral NRT for the same reason - control. I know what it feels like to have too much nic. Like 5 shots of espresso! Try the suggestions that people offer. gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You hang on in there........and by the way, nicotine is far more poisonous and addictive than alchohol! Take it one day at a time. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is making me want to smoke. I feel like my bones are rattling inside my body, like every nerve is on fire...and its making me panicky! Its not caffeine...havent had any. I just feel "racy"....and its not a good thing....I feel like I am going to go into convulsions!! I want to rip the patch off and just smoke, because I feel all edgy and scared...this is not good!! I've never read about any withdrawl symptom of tremors or trembling....how long am I going to have the shakes?? Geez you'd think I was coming off alcohol or something...and this is after 3 days!!!! This sucks!!! I want to smoke to get rid of it!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey...how are you all doing? Please let me be the one to tell you that it sucks but things do get better. I am feeling better each day. I spent last weekend crying, no let me be very specific...I spent the weekend sobbing. Just lay/sit there and let whatever is going on in your body happen. YOU WILL NOT DIE FROM IT. The one thing that I really learned is don't worry about next week. Just get through today. I about ruined everything thinking about an event that is not until March. Duh. Please let me know how you are doing [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $46.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: