Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

going into day 5!!!!!!!!!

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is week 2 easier, I hope so [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Cheers for having confidence in me mate
My biggest reward is seeing my familys faces when I go another day without cigarettes,My 10 year old daughter is very aware of the dangers of smoking and hopefully seeing me like this will STOP her or my 7 year old son from EVER taking a puff in there lives... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Wow!!! when I had my last cigarette last tuesday night I told myself it would be my last...NOW I'M INTO DAY 5.....I feel so happy to have achieved 4 whole days without my ex mate. Today I feel the best so far but hey things can change right? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gazza ~ I've found week 2 a lot easier (now that I'm at the end of it). The initial what I've termed "deep craves" have subsided, and now it's just the ones that sneak up on me. My thoughts aren't constantly on "not smoking," but I do crave at odd times. Keep strong, keep your tools on hand, and you'll get through it too. Keep posting when you have tough times, trust me, it helps! Good luck, and we're all rooting for you! Kleo ~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yey! Gazza, hang in there! I've been through day 6 some days ago and made it :) so can you ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been following your posts, Gazza and haven't seen any yet on rewards.........are you giving yourself a "pat on the back" for a job well done? It may sound trivial, but in reading what others have said, it IS very important! When you smoked, you "rewarded" your brain with a rush of chemicals and nicotene. This mixture went right to the "pleasure centre", and was an instant high. There are very few drugs which can do this - cocaine, nicotene are two. So in essence, we trained our brain for an instant reward of a high. And now it's very difficult for our brain to see a true reward for what it is. You have to retrain yourself. I have purchased a few trinkets as rewards for myself (new watch, earrings etc) which in the past perhaps I wouldn't have - trying to be Ms. Thrifty! Now, every week, on the anniversary of the day of my quit, I try to do something special for myself, and tell myself it's because I have reached my one, two three and soon to be four week milestone. Think of something that will be meaningful and treat yourself. Good luck, congratulations and keep posting. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm starting to feel very confident about you Gazza......you are doing a great job. Don't forget to watch out for the second week when the initial enthusiasm and pumped up feeling is not so strong......they call it heck week here and it got me first time around. Forewarned is forearmed. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Things can change in a heartbeat Gazza, but you are doing great and since you know things can change you will be ready. Just keep up what you are doing to stay smoke free. Post often and let us know how you are. Great Job! vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats! You are doing awesome! Keep the positive attitude and you'll do great! Each day that goes by, the better you feel...physically and mentally. Keep up the good work!! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: