Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

quit for 4+ years until a few weeks ago (how much damage have I done?)

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome confused,

I am sorry to read the stress and disappointment you have experienced lately. Smoking a few cigarettes in the course of two months likely wouldn't have caused any lasting damage to your lungs. The human body has an amazing ability to hear itself. The problem is when you get addicted and do not give your body a chance to heal. If you stay away from smoking now you should be fine. 

In terms of e-cigs and regular cigarettes it is really hard to say. E-cig marketers will tell you they are way less toxic then smoking but new evidence is showing that e-cigs contain some of the same toxins as cigarettes so your best bet is to stay away form both.

Anger can be managed in many natural ways like through Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, exercise and relaxation techniques. If you are interested in medication it is best to seek advice form your doctor.

How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Confused,
 I doubt that you have did any damage with the minor amount you have inhaled in the past 2 months. As for which is better, in my opinion, neither one is good for you or your body. Poison is poison no mater how you take it. 
 Life does bite at times doesn't it? You might want to check out the other programs offered by the mother company of SSC. Click on the help at the top of the page and then click on the other programs. There are programs for both anxiety and depression available. You might find some answers to some of your question in one of those.
 Now as for your quit, blowing 4+ years really bites no matter what the situation was. Are you back to no smoking now?  
Stay strong buddy! 
  • Quit Meter

$23,213.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 13

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been quit for a very long time.(+4 years). I recently graduated from college and moved away from my family and got married. All was well until I found out my degree was pretty much useless where I live ( BS Mass communications Journalism).  Because I couldn't find a job I had to move in with my in-laws. I work a minimum wage job with the biggest jerk I have ever met and I drive 1.20 hours to get to this job. My life crashed into a pit and one day I just lost it.

I have always had anger issues and I started smoking again to sway my frustrations. so far I have smoked 3 e-cigs and 2 regular cigs over the period of about 2 months.

How much damage have I done to my lungs?

Which is better e-cigs or regulars for your health?

I have some deeper underlying issues in my anger I am going to a doctor soon. are there any non habit forming medication for anxiety and depression?

Reading this thread: