Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

I year 63 days & 11 hours for the Mad Englishman!

9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay Brent,

So glad to see you here and still nicotine free! I remember being worried about you a while back. Thanks for checking in with your current success.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,536.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 11

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for stopping by and sharing some inspiration, positivity and humour with us!

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys and Girls,

This is an unashamed whoop for joy post from your favourite Mad Englishman......who despite himself has nailed it so far! The stats might be slightly different to the SSC ones as they are off my iPhone app (it worked for me but other favours available). 

So what has been the upside?

So much money has been saved that there is now a Suzuki SV650 motorcycle sitting in the garage that I use when the sun is shining and to take my gorgeous wife to rock concerts at an outdoor arena in the heart of Sherwood Forest in the summer. Rock on Robin Hood!

I can now afford the tickets for the Rock Concerts as well!

I can taste food! That of course means that I eat more of it and am slightly larger than when I stopped smoking my evil cigar nicotine delivery systems.

I can also taste wine...........so there is a collection of fine wine in the cellar (also funded by my former contributions to the purveyors of tubes with a fire at one end and a fool at the other, and of course to Her Majesty's Government in the form of tax........lots of tax, in fact a shed load of tax!). 

I can breathe............OK, I smoked heavily for 40 years so have undeniably done some permanent damage but there has been a huge improvement and I can carry on hill walking with friends without nearly expiring half way up a modest hill.

No cough! A very strange feeling after nearly 40 years of coughing. My wife used to find me in the supermarket by following the cough.

I don't stink, well, not of dirty filthy ashtrays, stale smoke and nicotine!

Tremendous pride in what I have managed to do after several failed attempts, and I can place my hand on my heart and say with confidence that I am done with nicotine. The main reason for that bold statement (especially after starting again once after over two years of stopping) is that I now recognise that I was having to deal with a drug addiction. Knowledge is power and so is the support that you get form the people on this site (and that means you as well Ashley!).

Brent, the Mad Englishman.............opps! Sorry, in the interests of providing a fair and balanced view, please scroll down for my list of the downsides to stopping smoking.....

Keep going

Reading this thread: