Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

What?s in it for you?

11 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breather,
Glad to see you here and to see you are doing so well.  Wow going  on four years, really, really good!  Take good care of yourself.

Hi Vincenza, 
So good to hear from you.  I see lots of new faces.  I’m glad to see that you are here!  You been very helpful to everyone here and I, have no desire to smoke.  I’m in good hands, thanks for looking after me.    Take good care of yourself.

Stickin

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sticking to it,

Great post.  I like that you mention "Drop the doubts".   It's too easy to think that you can't overcome cravings or intense urging to smoke or often, that it will help deal with stress.   But the choice lies within.  You can beat the addiction.  Many members that never thought they could - have.  It requires small steps and dedication.  Believing that you are capable to live smoke-free.  

Thanks for these reminders and continue to stay strong! Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again Sticking , always nice to read your posts. Thank you and excellent for you. breather
11 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hope all is well you.  Hello everyone!

Where it started:

I do remember the evening I quit smoking, the day the stealers beat the Seahawks in the 2006 super bowl.  After several beers that evening and no smokes, I went to bed and woke up the next morning thinking “Oh My God” what have I done! I’ve made a commitment t to myself.  I’m not suppose to smoke today. Really, really, that can’t be so, say it’s not so.  Tentative times but we will stick with it and realize it is worth it and it does get easier.

The middle ground:

In the area of two to three months upward of two years, likely have it beat however temptations, curiosity or too self assured of your capability to have only one.  Can end your quit, may find yourself back to “Where it started” or may wait several years to attempt to quit once again.

The end goal and beyond: 

No pleasure in smoking so what’s the point.  Expect knowledge of Not One Puff  Ever and are perfectly fine with that.

People quit smoking so imagine you being one of these people. Imagine it.  You are people too, so means you can quit too.  Really, think it and imagine it.  Drop the doubts.

We spent a good deal of our lives addicted.  Let’s see what the other side has to offer.  

Reading this thread: