Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Everything Changes.... eventually!

13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with you 100%.  This site has done more me than I can say.  I may not have a long term quit, but I am a long term member.  I can only say if it were not for this site and the friends I met here I would not keep trying.  I feel deep down that I owe it to myself  that I am worthy of a final quit and I want all of you to see me do it.  I love SSC with all its changes, minor disagreement, laughs, tears and support.  I pray that we never lose site of the purpose of this site--QUIT SMOKING AND HELP OTHERS.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump!

Leslie 
13 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Couldn't agree more...this place is very special.

I also love the fact that no matter what stage of a quit, no matter how many times a person has previously fallen....all success is applauded.

Lizzie

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 4/23/2003
Smoke-Free Days: 2696
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40,440
Amount Saved: �10,110.00
Life Gained:
Days: 294 Hrs: 3 Mins: 37 Seconds: 13

• Quit Meter

$8,844.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 11

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This site works for me because we are all simply addicts/junkies supporting each other.  We all know the drill and the obvious message that our family, doctors, etc. ad nauseum spew about the benefits of not smoking.

As addicts, however, we don't want to hear it.

It was, and is still, so powerful for me to share my struggles and get support, feedback, help and advice from people who know EXACTLY what you're experiencing.  It is an honour to know my virtual friends as we are truly fighting a common battle and gaining LIFE in exchange.

Thanks SSC!!!!

Keep the Quit,

Dave

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 597
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,910
Amount Saved: $4,701.38
Life Gained:
Days: 101 Hrs: 5 Mins: 58 Seconds: 15

• Quit Meter

$50,425.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 9

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the Kudos Leslie and everyone!

What aspects of the program or support group did you find most helpful on your journey to be smoke free?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everything does change! However the SSC has been so successful in helping so many of us quit because it never changed its focus from that one goal! I was around here in the Spring of 02 when the SSC was still in its infancy. I quit for a little over 7 months, went back to smoking and never gave the SSC another thought until I had been quit about 6 months in the spring of 08. The forum had not changed its focus in all the time I was away and some quiters (like Leslie) are still here and are still quit! I tip my hat to those oldtimers who stuck it out and to the SSC that was still here supporting me when I (fortunately) made it back for another try.
All the best!
cameless

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 996
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24,900
Amount Saved: $8,279.25
Life Gained:
Days: 194 Hrs: 23 Mins: 7 Seconds: 58

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ditto what Leslie said. There are many forums that cater to the social aspect whereas the SSC is about helping people to stop smoking and not a popularity contest. In my opinion I'm thankful for the SSC being accessable 24/7 as a place to receive feedback on smoking related problems especially in the early days when going through the worst days of the quit. I deal with addiction , my own and then yours. The chains that bound me in my addiction have been broken , the shackles smashed. A slave to this addiction no more. Who would care about a sick dying smoker unless they needed to care to stay alive themselves. If you would be an addict of my kind I would beg you if I had to. Please don't smoke. I want you to live a long life. If you're new here welcome , stick around awhile. You're the most important person here. breather
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 666
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 33,300
Amount Saved: $15,984.00
Life Gained:
Days: 121 Hrs: 11 Mins: 29 Seconds: 48

13 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI!

I've been here for over 8 years now.  I've been banned from posting a few times because my thoughts and opinions didn't agree with others....

But one thing I've figured out along the way is that we are here to help each other quit nicotine.  Our main goal is to quit smoking and/or dipping.  We may make some friends along the way, trust me, I've made many and I love them all.  But we still have to remember what this site is for.. to quit nicotine and to help each other in that battle. 

Hey, there's always facebook if people want to connect outside the quit, lots of us are in that group so do a search and find us.  But remember, this site helped many of us in the beginning of our quits when no other site would or could.  Let's pay our due respect to the SSC for all they've done to help us along our journey. 

If it weren't for the SSC and all the information I got from the members and the site then I can't say for sure that I'd still be quit for this long  

Leslie 

I'd rather be an ex-smoker occasionally thinking of smoking than a smoker constantly thinking of quitting......

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 2/14/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 3127
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 125,080
Amount Saved: $18,762.00
Life Gained:
Days: 321 Hrs: 17 Mins: 22 Seconds: 50

Reading this thread: