Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

My absence.

14 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to read of your trouble MM. At least they now know what's wrong and can treat it.
Hang in there!
cameless

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 653
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,325
Amount Saved: $5,428.06
Life Gained:
Days: 124 Hrs: 15 Mins: 54 Seconds: 13

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope I haven't been taken off of the role call yet!  I apologise for my absence, but I have been very ill and in the hospital with a whole battery of test being performed on me.  The end result being I have pancreatitis, brought on mostly because of extremely high triglycerides and high cholesterol (285!).  I knew several years ago about the cholesterol (235, then) and have been good about adhering to a low fat diet.  However, I neglected to have it re-checked since 2006.  I just don't understand since I rarely eat any fatty foods what-so-ever....  But, they say a lot of it is hereditary.  They do not have me on medication yet, since the inflammation of the pancreas has to subside first.  I am now at home, but am on liquids only until Friday, when I go for a re-check.  Boy, this has been painful
It started last Tuesday and I was eating antacids like crazy.  On Thurday night I thought I'd knock out the pain with a couple of drinks...BIG mistake.  That pushed it over the edge and landed me in the ER on Friday.
I feel a whole lot better, but I am hungry, cranky and very tired.  Out of work for the rest of the week, so I'm reading a few novels I've been meaning to read and watching sappy, depressing movies on Lifetime!
I've been thinking about you guys and hoping someone will hold out a hand so I don't miss the train this week.  The pain killers have me a bit wobbly, so I might need some help.  No toddy's for me for awhile, so I can be the designated driver.  No-that's Kaiser's job.  Maybe he'll let me blow the whistle ()

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 343
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,720
Amount Saved: $2,744.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 14 Mins: 23 Seconds: 49

• Quit Meter

$52,390.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 741 Hours: 0