Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Just Checkin In!

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey... I've been back at work and hardly had enough time to scratch myself....

Work has been hell, but strangely it hardly ever sets of my smoking cravings which is a huge surprise to me because I thought  I would find it tough at work. (My work mate did NOT give up like she said she would!)

Anyhow, I find it hard to believe myself, but I still have not had One Puff! Not One! I went back to the doctor and his opinion as that my lungs have improved dramatically and he has instructed me to take up some strenuous exercise to get em working good again! 

I've noticed all sorts of things... I went to my local shop and I noticed they had run out of my brand of cigarettes. That would normally send me into blind panic, but I sort of laughed! It was the first time I went into that shop in 3 weeks... I was a daily ciggie buyer and when I think of all the other things I bought there too I must be saving $$$$$$.

Don't want to get over-excited, but I just can't see me going back. I've been tested as far as I can. Smokers all around me, standing in smoking areas with friends, stressful situations, getting a bit drunk.... all triggers to re-start smoking. And I just won;t go there.  Sometimes I think about it and just say... hmmmmm, NAH. N.O.P.E.

Feels good!  I will be ecstatic if I make it to a whole month and I expect a cake with candles and everything!  Meanwhile, I hope I can start helping some others on here from time to time too, as I can not forget the amount of belonging I felt to this site int he first 2 weeks.  

Thanks guys......

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 550
Amount Saved: $283.80
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 21 Mins: 44 Seconds: 40

Reading this thread: