Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Making big steps..

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I called my states quit line last night and agreed to smoking cessation over the phone..I have my first sesson this coming Thursday..The lady I talked to said they can help with stop smoking aids like the patches...I beleave I am going to ask for the patches...I have stopped taking the chantix so I can switch to the patches..I found that while on the chantix for some reason I was doing worse(as in smoking more)..I have cut down alot on my smoking and have even put off when a craving hits quite a bit...I am still very much looking forward to the 30th and feel I will be very much ready for this...I sit outside and each puff I think of how much I hate the cigereets and how much i hate them being part of my life..I have totally quit looking at them in any pleasureable way...The other night the mosqito sprayer(which for those who doesn't know,is a city matience truck with an insecticide sprayer on the back)came around and I thought of all the posions it was putting in the air and automatically my mind linked that to all the posions in every puff of the cigereets..I am already so prepared both physically and mentally for this..All I need now is the 30th and the extra back up of the patch's...I know when i break the habit of smoking,that breaking free of the patchs will be easy as i hate medicine and that is how I look at them....Also as an added bonus my step daughters and new granddaughter will be here on the 6th of August,so I am looking forward to all the extra free time I will have to hold and spoil our grandaughter without having to give her up to go smoke.. Staying strong,preparing and getting ready to say NOPE for the rest of my life..
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -240
Amount Saved: $-48.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -80476

Reading this thread: