Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Big Monster Trigger!!

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a GREAT holiday, bugerdh!!! Keep the quit and y' all come back again eh!!

Trillium

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $32.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 11 Mins: 0 Seconds: 18

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, just posting before I leave for vacation.  Keep it up, worry about your quit!  You can only control your quit, and only you can be honest with yourself.  You know and can say for sure that you have 76 days smoke free, and I know I have 69.  You taught me that, and others may need to figure out on their own by going their own path.  Keep it up, I will be checking up on you when I get back!  You're doing great!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,035
Amount Saved: $517.50
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 15 Mins: 3 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, the beauty of the SSC is that it gives all of us the opportunity to vent (anonymously) when needed.  And by posting, you kept the nicodemon at bay.  I'd rather you post with your thoughts and how you feel instead of running to the local smoke shop and buying cigarettes.  Your experience tells you that you never want to go through Hell Week again!  Keep taking it one day at a time (one hour at a time too if needed) and you'll continue to go far! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 295
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,800
Amount Saved: $2,950.00
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 2 Mins: 42 Seconds: 43

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky!
I'm so glad you posted. You need to vent the junkie thinking. Next time you read someone fails or changes the quit date, think: wow, I'm really happy I'm not in their position. They will have to go trough hell week again. They are still enslaved by the Nicodemon.
Does thisd sound convincing? I tried so hard to think like that, that now I believe it. So hang on my dear friend. You will be ok. This is your last quit, because you want it. You are no longer a nicotine slave and you don't want to go back!
Yell, punch a pillow, eat, but don't smoke!!!!!!!
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,085
Amount Saved: $208.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 21 Mins: 5 Seconds: 41

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone.  You are telling me what I already know, but the difference is I posted to let you tell me again and again.  Strange day, but smoke free.  Putting my pride aside and posting is a big deal for me.  Another baby step.  ((HUGS TO ALL))
Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 76
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 760
Amount Saved: $152.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 0 Mins: 21 Seconds: 43

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,
I understand, truly.  I fought for over 10 years to finally quit.  I actually used to be  JEALOUS of those who had slipped up.  Why could they have what I couldn't?  Sometimes I would even sabotage my own quit so I wouldn't have to deal with all the thoughts anymore...except for one thing...once I started up again it wasn't the nicodemon on my case...it was the QUITMONSTER!!!!!  You know the one that constantly nags at you NOT to smoke anymore.
I couldn't win.  Until now.  In time, the nicodemon stopped calling, and the quitmonster wasn't on my case anymore.  I finally began to feel a sense of peace.  My favourite motto, as always, helped me through.  ~~ THIS TOO SHALL PASS ~~ and in time, it did!!!!!
The only thing buggin' at me now is the food monster!  LOL  I'll get him too!
Hang in there, Sparky.  Remember the baby steps.  Be kind to yourself and I'm so glad to see you posting.

Thinking of you,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 501
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,525
Amount Saved: $4,133.25
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 23 Mins: 12 Seconds: 46

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

What you are saying does give us something to think about .  You have received some really good advice.  If you do slip your quit meter may not show it but you will know it.  You have worked so hard keep your quit and GUAAT!  Don't you let that nicodemon win.  You can do it! 

Stay strong

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky:
    I understand what you are saying.  I also have failed several times before this final quit.  I have struggled quite a bit with this addiction and fell on my face more than once.  You have been around here long enough to remember my failures.  But each time I would set a new quit date and fight on.  Please remember that your quit is a personal thing and that we are here to support you in any way that we can.  76 days is an awesome achievement as you should know.  You are never wrong to voice your opinion it helps to clear your thoughts.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 316
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,900
Amount Saved: $395.00
Life Gained:
Days: 63 Hrs: 17 Mins: 27 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

I'm the same as you - one puff was how I lost my last quit because for me it never stays at one puff.
You CAN get through this and remember, your quit is all about YOU, no one else's methods or scorekeeping matter.
It's your addict talking, trying to tempt you.  Don't let it win.

Sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way and as much strength as I can spare,

FS

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 90
Amount Saved: $40.50
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 17 Mins: 44 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky  Sorry you're having a hard time today. Rememder that the hardest part is behind you now. You've passed the 49 day barrier. This might be the longest yet , I don't know. What I do know is that you never need to start all over again if you don't want to. If you've ever played golf ( and I hope you have so you'll be able to understand this ) it's only your game that counts. It doesn't matter one bit what another player writes down on their scorecard , it's only yours that matters. Can H.A.L.T. help today ? If I smoke my scorecard reads zero and I don't want to be that anymore. I don't want you to smoke today either. I can't , We can.  breather 212 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 212
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,600
Amount Saved: $5,088.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 22 Mins: 2 Seconds: 8

Reading this thread: