Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

It's a new day!

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

LOL

Sparky and Trillium,you are making me laugh!!!!!!

Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,085
Amount Saved: $208.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 21 Mins: 7 Seconds: 6

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh boy, Sparky...I'm so sorry...I am glad I can laugh at myself!!! I am 61, even though it shows me as 62, so I really see the humor in this and I am glad you do too.  Laughter is good for the soul. I wonder who I have confused you with...and my message was so heartfelt!!! lol  Have a great day, smoke free!!
Trillium 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $32.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 10 Mins: 2 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LMAO!!!  I am not the one who want to get pregnant.  I am almost 65, don't think it will happen   I have not slipped on this quit it was another post.  But you sure did make my day, senior moment or not.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 76
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 760
Amount Saved: $152.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 0 Mins: 21 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Trillium  H.A.L.T. isn't how I feel. H.A.L.T. is a reminder not to become any one of those four things too much. I've lost quits in the past by being too Tired for example. I  try not to become too tired or I might find myself back where I started. If I'm tired I'll sleep and make a better decision when I'm rested.  breather 212 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 212
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,600
Amount Saved: $5,088.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 22 Mins: 26 Seconds: 33

PS Rock...I love your dog! What breed is he/she? I love animals and have a little pugX that we adopted from a rescue agency. Sunny is spoiled rotten but deserves it!!!

Trillium

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 47 Seconds: 10

Yes, I see that Breather!! Good eh! Good for both of us!
I notice on your profile H.A.L.T., is that really how you are feeling now...I hope not! Maybe write your feelings down, I find it helps a lot. 
Have a great day!

Trillium

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 46 Seconds: 48

Thanks Rock, I said yes to everything you said until you got to the not puffing up the stairs...NOT! However, I don't think it is from smoking in the past, it is probably the load I carry!!!! Oh well, one thing at a time although I am really trying not to gain and have even lost 3 pounds!!! Yeah me!!!
What a fau paux (???spelling)...I thought it was Sparky who wanted to become pregnant. I hope she has a sense of humour and isn't offended. I can laugh at myself and do often!! I wonder who the mystery woman is??? It was so kind of you to suggest the memory lapse was from lack of oxygen to my brain!!! lol 
Have a great smoke-free day!

Trillium

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 45 Seconds: 46

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trillium, isn't it great not breath and not cough?  Isn't it great to smell fabric softener on your clothes or conditioner in your hair?  Isn't it great to get hugs from people who say "man, you smell great?"  Isn't it great to not get out of breath walking up a small hill or around the block or just up the stairs?  Isn't it great to get a high five instead of a lecture from a doctor when you tell them you've quit smoking?  Isn't it great not having to spray air freshener in your car or in your house anymore?  Now you might not have experienced all of these side effects yet, but boy are they wonderful when they happen!!!

P.S.  I believe you have Sparky mixed up with somebody else.  I wouldn't call it a senior moment, call it more oxygen to the brain! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 295
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,800
Amount Saved: $2,950.00
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 1 Mins: 29 Seconds: 29

Hi Sparky,
Thanks for you nice comment! I see by your posts that you are having a difficult time...today is another day. Try not to feel guilty...to error is human and we are addicts after all. We are all here with the same challenge and desire to quit. Nobody should be pointing a finger if one of us slips but instead offering encouragement to pick yourself up and quit for today...just one day at a time.
You are wanting to become pregnant, now there is a reward and how selfless of you to want your baby to grow without nicotine in your system and to bring baby home to a smoke free environment. Good for you Sparky...it is tough but you can do it. I know sometimes the cravings seem so strong but they do pass. When you feel tempted just come on here and write, write, write...we are all here for you. You are to be admired...just hang in there, Sparky!!!!

Trillium
 PS   I hope I am remembering correctly that it is you that wishes to become pregnant. If not, forgive me and put it down to a "senior moment". lol   

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 41 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love the positive mindset!

You are doing great. Keep on inspiring.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: