Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

2 weeks almost done!!!!

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Lori, make sure you heed the advice of our Reward Guru Marivi (I knew those dancing bees had tricks up their sleeves!) and pick a nice reward to celebrate 14 DAYS SMOKE FREE!!!  When you smoked and work got stressful, you probably went out side to smoke.  I'm wondering if you can do a similar "change of scenery" without smoking?  Is there a garden, or an outside eating area, or another outside place away from the smoking section where you can go to escape?  Just keep taking it one day at a time and you'll go far!  And I love that you are starting to see all the wonderful side effects of not smoking!  You're doing awesome!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 239
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,560
Amount Saved: $1,912.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 18 Mins: 24 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lori
How about a facial,
Or a pedicure
Or a manicure
Or a great movie and dinner with friends
Or a hot bubble bath
Or a great hand and body lotion from origins or bath and body works
Choose something that makes you feel great! You deserve it. I doesn't have to cost money!
Keep kicking ash!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 83
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,245
Amount Saved: $124.50
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 12 Mins: 8 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LoriLoct,

Rewards can be an incredibly important part of your quit.

Here's why:

1- Rewards positively reinforce the behaviors you are trying to establish.

2- Rewards give you something to work towards. Resisting cravings will be easier if you are rewarded for overcoming temptation.

3- Rewards are motivational and make you happy.

Tips

1- Reward yourself for every craving you overcome and every situation/trigger that you've handled well, smoke free.

2- Choose rewards you value and are willing to work towards. Acquiring them must be important to you.

Hope this helps!

Members, any other advice for Lori on how to reward herself? What rewards did you use during your first month of your quit?

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rewards?  I really haven't thought or done much of those.  Just my scratch offs that I am having no luck with.  By the time I stop it's already midnight and time for bed and ready to start the next day. 

I think what has helped me most is that I mentally quit smoking before I physically stopped.  I kept physically smoking even thought my mind was telling me that they tasted nasty.

Today is another day.. and a day closer to the big move of the other company moving in..  WooooooooHooooo  I can see the hair getting grayer...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 225
Amount Saved: $78.75
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 12 Seconds: 37

• Quit Meter

$28,896.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 468 Hours: 9

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the super quit you have going!  And, in case you are lurking, welcome dad!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 175
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,000
Amount Saved: $1,400.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 18 Mins: 38 Seconds: 3

• Quit Meter

$52,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 16

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

LoriLoct18,

It sounds like you are doing great in dealing with all your stresses.  I love that you are still able to stay positive and you can see all the good things that are accompanying your quit. What do you think is your best coping strategy so far?   And what are the great rewards you have planned?

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had those dreams Lori, pretty realistic aren't they? thank goodness thats all they are-dreams!
Well done on your quit you are doing such a great job!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 340
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,500
Amount Saved: $5,100.00
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 3 Mins: 5 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to see you Lori........and AWESOME Quit.........

hugggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 78
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,340
Amount Saved: $327.60
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 8 Mins: 40 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Was wonderin' what happened to you!  Great to see you are still going strong despite the few tough days... Congrats on making in through heck week!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 168
Amount Saved: $84.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 7 Mins: 26 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been lost in translation the last week or so.  Spent this weekend tearing down an old shed *GREAT to get rid of anger btw* and doing yard work.  I haven't craved a smoke but I have had a dream or 2 about smoking.  When I woke up I couldn't believe that and had to check and make sure I didn't drive myself to the store in my sleep to buy any. I am known for sleep walking so you never know.  I have taken up a bad habit of eatting constantly.  Not much my fault though.  I am a female and can't control my food addiction at certain times just yet.  I have been edgy and moody and just a pain in the butt the last few days.  Went to my mom's and was talking to my step-dad about the almighty bills that I am stuck with getting back on track since my roommate left with all the bills in disconnection status.  Anyways!  everytime he started talking to me I started to cry.  With the food cravings and the emotional roller coster I feel like I am preg. but I know for a fact that I can't be.   Then today at work, that is a whole different post because that is a stupid disaster at the moment, I started in with one of my co-workers.  I love the people with my company.  It's a great laid-back work environment and no one tried to kiss butt either so there is none of that drama going on.   But he kept bugging me about the cinnamon rolls.  There is about 10 of us who love them and they never keep enough stocked.  So I just started ranting to him.  I think he will stay clear of my area for the next few days.  Ops! 

Oh on a better note!  I can breathe better, my skin looks healthier, and I am starting to gain a little more pacience with my hellyan of a son. :)  I did give my dad this web page, he keeps stopping and starting smoking.  No sight of him yet on here though.  I hope he does come. 

Hope everyone has a great week!   I will try to come around a little more but the rest of this week is just crazy at work and I must get an A in this class that started today.

Lori!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 210
Amount Saved: $73.50
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 21 Mins: 44 Seconds: 44

• Quit Meter

$28,896.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter