Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Looking for somebody I referred here!!!

15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Butterfly swimmer, hello everyone, and welcome Lisa.
I was here along with Butterfly Swimmer when she quit.

After 19 years smoking a pack a day I didn't think I could quit.
It will be 4 years smoke free for me this April.
I would have never gotten through it without this website and all the people I met here.
I too referred someone here recently and wanted to see if she made any posts on the discussion board.

I also couldnt remember my old log in name and had to create a new one.

You can do this Lisa

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lisa,

Looking forward to seeing you on this site and helping you through your terrific journey!

You have a good friend in Butterfly Swimmer!

Hope to get to know you soon and welcome you to our wonderful support community.

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday Lisa, and welcome to SSC.  What a great decision to quit, and an even greater decision to let us help!! lol   Thanks to butterfly swimmer for referring another successful quitter our way!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 369
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,380
Amount Saved: $2,804.40
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 7 Mins: 3 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa if you're around - Happy Birthday, Welcome to SSC and Congratulations on your quit!!!
AC

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 84
Amount Saved: $36.96
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 29 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What an awesome story!  Lisa, let us know when you are here so we can officially welcome you!  I agree that you should have your quit date be 1/6/2009.  One more day of smoking isn't going to do anything.  And this may be the best Birthday gift you will ever receive...the gift of non-smoking.  How about this?  Have your last cigarette tonight.  Spend tomorrow filling out the questionaires under "my program".  Add your quit meter to your posts under "my profile".  Prepare, prepare, prepare for this quit!  This will keep your hands busy so you won't smoke.  Eat a HUGE piece of birthday cake!  And be sure to tell everybody about the wonderful gift you are giving yourself this year!  The decision to quit is personal, its up to you when you choose to quit, and only you can make the decision.  Just know that we will be here to support you on the best decision you could ever make!  And Happy Early Birthday!!! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,520
Amount Saved: $1,104.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 16 Mins: 53 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, about a month ago, I was trying to get a job and somehow, smoking came into conversation, so I told this lady  that I quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago and that I did it using this website.  I showed her my N.O.P.E. bracelet (Not One Puff Ever) and I showed her my stopsmokingcenter.net key chain that I got from being on the Hall of Fame, and wrote down the address.  Well, today, I went back because I've been offered a job and she said that she got some patches through her Employee Assistance Program and that she's starting to quit the day after tomorrow!!! She chose the day after tomorrow, January 7th, because tomorrow is her birthday.  Well, I told her that she might want to reconsider starting her quit tomorrow night so that her quit date is ON her birthday, which will be a special day for her and I found that having a special quit date REALLY helps because the junkie within will ALWAYS tell you that you can quit again another time, but if the quit date MEANS something to you, then yes, you can quit again, but you'll have to wait a whole nother year before you can quit on THAT date, and I found that to be a good motivator at times. 

So anyways, I'm getting off track here. She said that she went to the website I gave her (THIS website) and she signed up and is going to use this site to help her along.  So, I'm here to wish her the absolute BEST of luck and to welcome her to the site (even though I don't come here much anymore) and to show her what awesome people YOU all are.  So, Lisa, if you're reading this and you found my post, PLEASE know that I'm TOTALLY here to support you in this AWESOME journey you are beginning!

WELCOME LISA!!!

Crave the  Quit!

BFS

Reading this thread: