Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

It's cold and rainy!!! And I used to sit out there SMOKING!!!!!

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
1) Make excuses to burn gas so I could sit in comfort in my car and listen to music while driving.  It was like clockwork "Man I could go for some salt & vinegar chips" My wife would reply "Joe why don't you just go outside for a smoke you have like 10 different brands of chips here."  "Yes, but none of those are Salt & Vinegar chips."  lol.  I will admit either way I could have smoked but I enjoyed smoking while driving so I had thousands of excuses for leaving the house.

2) Same as you whether wise only I live in Canada.  I may come visit you in California this winter HP.  lol.

3) Again with the driving dragging my friends along for long drives, even the non smoking ones.  I will admit that I enjoyed that part of it; however, I now realize I didn't like to drive around aimlessly as I thought I did.  Pulling my friends out of bed at 1:00 AM and some of them are still my friends believe it or not.  lol.

4) I have a window seat at work and my favorite was the grand blizzard of 2007.  I'm exagerating.  I remember looking out the window as I'm putting on my coat and someone going "You're really going out in that." Me still staring out the window "Yes, yes I am."  lol.

5) I used to play poker online.  Setting the volume on full blast and having the cigarette tucked in the metal on the balcony running back and forth between hands.  I became pretty good at this one.

I'm sure there are many more but that's all I can think of for now. 

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 136
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,264
Amount Saved: $1,020.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 14 Mins: 41 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Henny Penny,

You're not stupid or an idiot, maybe silly .  Take at look at your stats... they are impressive!!  Give yourself some credit.  Members, I'd also like to hear of your look back of the past and how far you've come along in your quit. 

NOPE ,

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, I'm a California grown wimp but it's been a little chilly around here.
I was looking out at my old patio smoking chair today and remembering the STUPID things I would go through just to have a cigarette......

1. Bundle up, go downstairs.
2. Wrap myself up in down blanket throw if especially cold.
3. If windy move patio chair behind wall for windbreak. Then worry about ashes flying around to start fire.
4. When raining move patio furniture under house eaves then worry about lightening hitting the metal chair.LOL.
5. Oh and just to really sound like a dope... when driving in the rain with the window down and getting all wet. OMG!

The Intrepid Idiot!

Come on, people... make me feel a little better... what did you used to do just have a smoke??

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 261
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,264
Amount Saved: $1,503.36
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 21 Mins: 51 Seconds: 35

Reading this thread: