Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I've been MIA

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for checking in Henny Penny. So sorry to hear about your squirrel buddy.
Congratulations on your stats!   Looking forward to having you back!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Henny Penny, iam glad your back, and i know the hurt of loosing a little furry friend, take care and come here when you feel like it :) you were missed Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2275
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 54,600
Amount Saved: $9,555.00
Life Gained:
Days: 325 Hrs: 6 Mins: 16 Seconds: 27

15 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Henny
I am so sorry about your little friend, I know how you feel. 
These wonderful little creatures come to our lives... makes us smile...laugh... we get filled with affection for them... then they go leaving us a wonderful gift ... the understanding of  how great life is and full of wonderful feelings when we stop and give attention to the basics of life... friendship, trust, affection.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/8/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 114
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,280
Amount Saved: $174.42
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 20 Mins: 39 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Henny!!! so good to hear from you- we have all been so worried- (I believe there is a thread going somewhere asking where you are)
Terribly sorry to hear about the little squirrel, if anyone gave him the best chance of survival it was you, and take comfort in knowing you did the very best you could.
I know that I for one shall look forward very much to your return- yes there are a few new members for you to help and advise, so hurry back soon  (((hugs))) Karren xx

PS your stats are amazing!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 173
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,325
Amount Saved: $2,595.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 9 Mins: 2 Seconds: 15

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HP, I've missed you!  So sorry to hear about your squirrel friend.    Looking forward to your insight and advice when you return.  See you soon!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 71
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,840
Amount Saved: $568.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 14 Mins: 13 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 My last post said I would be gone for awhile but never dreamed it would be THIS long.

My little "quit smoking" squirrel was in the wildlife hospital all month. Finally with the help of an animal rescue group and the aid of another vet, I was to get him back and pick him up this last Monday. He passed away Sunday, the night before I could get him.  I feel terribly guilty. Needless to say, he took a piece of my heart with him and it's been really, really hard.

It occurred to me that four out of my five pets (three cats and my squirrel buddy) all came from me sitting out on the patio smoking. Some of these strays would know the signal for food was cigarette smoke wafting through the yard and would come by for dinner - 20 times a day. How perverse.  Guess I hadn't thought of this before.

This last month was working on a project that kept me busy but will be over early next week (yea).  Whatever  free time I had was squirrel related. Now I know a lot about squirrels that I wish I had known before. Many a time, the cigarette idea popped into my head. Luckily it popped out soon enough.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and I'll be back on Wed. next week.
Cruising around and see so many new quitters - hooray for all of you and stick with it- and so much else to catch up on. How is Daily?

I was surprised by my own stats.... 212 days. Hope all my quit friends and buddies are hanging in there, I'll be checking on you next week. That means you. 

xoxo,
Henny

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 212
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,088
Amount Saved: $1,221.12
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 22 Mins: 52 Seconds: 23

Reading this thread: