Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Don't Ever Give Up

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Lord but it's good to see that you've firmly planted your feet in the Contented World, Kelly!  You have been a powerful figure in my mind since I started because of your ability to overcome anxiety, and fatigue and addiction - changing your life - getting a more relaxed job at work - you set the bar high for altering a crazy life into something of real beauty.  Well done. This place wouldn't be the same without ya!!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 217
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,425
Amount Saved: $2,441.25
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 7 Mins: 46 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 145 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!!  I truly hope someday I can be a GREAT QUITTER like you
Always,
Pupikat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 644
Amount Saved: $169.05
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 21 Seconds: 4

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are a true inspiration Kelly
Thanks so much for starting this thread.

Members, how are you feeling about your quits?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Mike, so are you.  Proud to have the title with all of you.  We are quitters!!

KellyTeenage Girl Warns Against Smoking Animation

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 259
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,770
Amount Saved: $971.25
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 3 Mins: 4 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you're a quitter , kid. and that's a good thing.

mike / astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 162
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,860
Amount Saved: $1,458.00
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 12 Mins: 17 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not started a new thread in some time now.  I want to do it today to say that quitting smoking is a feat that can be done.  When I first started I don't think I really intended on making longer than 30 days, but the longer I went, the more determined I was to beat this addiction.  I sucked the support dry from the SSC and kept going forward.  I had so many ups and downs that everyone here helped me through.  Anger, Depression, Anxiety, Fear...I became an expert on unexpected emotional breakdowns.  I slept for months, became a poor mom and not so good of a spouse, but that was my coping method, I just couldn't move at times.  The one thing that I held on to was the fact that I was told it gets better, and I believed it.  Good thing I did because its true.  A good doctor, a good medication and fantastic support got me here.  I love this site and all the people here, I don't think I will ever leave..I like hanging out with quitters, no matter what stage they are in.  I guess I just wanted to say to new and old that I was convinced that I was the most addicted person ever to cigs and that I was doomed to be a forever smoker...guess what...not true.  I am here, not smoking but smiling instead.  It was a hard mountain to climb with lots of rocks and streams with strong current, but once you make it through you have nothing but the beauty and serenity of life.  The one that you never truely lived behind a screen of smoke.  You can smell life, feel life and LIVE LIFE as a non smoker.  I NEVER thought I would have a post like this.

Keep it up, Life is so worth it.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 259
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,770
Amount Saved: $971.25
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 3 Mins: 3 Seconds: 56

Reading this thread: