Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Nozzly Things Rule ????????

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No nozzle here.  Just a regular bottle.   I sometimes throw a couple in the freezer and let them thaw throughout the day on hot days.  Works pretty good and last longer then using ice cubes.

DOWN WITH THE NOZZLY THING!!!!!!!

beckylynn.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 36
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 720
Amount Saved: $54.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 7 Mins: 47 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Jim!  No nozzly things for me either!  I just drink out of a plain old water bottle, and now you can buy ice cube trays that make long cylinders of ice to drop into water bottles.  What will they think of next????

Cheers,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 129
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,225
Amount Saved: $1,064.25
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 17 Mins: 17 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with you Jim. I could never get used to the crazy things! You can never get a good Loooong swallow from one of them - not the same way you can with a glass or a wide-necked bottle... Twenty Ounce Glasses Rule! Okay!!??

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $1,552.50
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 17 Mins: 18 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hot Sio,

Thanks for sharing this news with us. Does anybody have any other suggestions for fighting craves instead of the Nozzly thing?

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What else will they waste time on researching!!  How funny, thanks for sharing Jim.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,430
Amount Saved: $678.75
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 18 Mins: 22 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning all!!!

When I first became a member of this site, I remember many people declaring that ice water in the water bottles with the "Nozzly Thing" were the rage for getting through a crave or for getting through the whole day!!!   You know about the Nozzly Thing....  the little thing on the end of the water bottle that you pull out a little bit to get the flow going!!!  You wrap your lips aroung it and tilt that bottle of ice water and start sucking!!!!    AAAHHHHHH!!!!  Relief!!!!

Well, yesterday at lunch while watching the news, I watched this one news article...   "Extended usage of the water bottles with the "Nozzly Things"  caused  SMOKER'S WRINKLES around the mouth!!!!  They said that it does take time for the wrinkles to develope, but they do develope!!!!  The article also stated that people who consistantly drink using straws also can develope Smoker's Wrinkles!!!  Well, considering that we already had a good start on the smoker's wrinkle thing, maybe we should think twice before reaching for that bottle with the "Nozzly Thing"!!!

I just thought I'd pass it on to y'all!!!!   I don't do the nozzly thing....  I look old enough already!!! 

Jim
   I

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 91
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,275
Amount Saved: $375.38
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 21 Mins: 40 Seconds: 54

• Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved