Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

The Big Q- Quit. Now the Big C!

15 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my Lolly.  I so remember your inspiration from my quit three years ago.  I hate hearing this news, but it is sooo like you to come here to share it and use your experience to inspire someone else.  My Mom is 96 and survived three bouts with cancer in her fifties and sixties.  It made me a true believer in the power of positive attitude and energy.  That you have, girl, so I have great hopes for you.  Love, Carole aka Luna aka Playa - i mistakenly signed up on the new version of SSC with my OTHER golden retriever's name.  I will try to change that so people will know who I am!!
  • Quit Meter

$794,727.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 17

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dearest Lolly,

You were the backbone of the SSC during my quit and a major reason I was able to hang in there.  Your kind words, tremendous support, and good common sense helped so many of us.  The “C” word is a dirty and quite terrifying word, but what great news that it’s outside the lung.  Keep the faith, stay strong, and PLEASE let us hear from you.

Hugs, prayers, and love to you,

Hummy

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1108
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 44,320
Amount Saved: $8,864.00
Life Gained:
Days: 152 Hrs: 13 Mins: 26 Seconds: 17

• Quit Meter

$472,295.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 9

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly,

I am so sad to hear you have this trial to bear.  What I wish right now is that I knew how to turn right around and be the one you were to me and so many, to you!  Such a bright future you made me see.  A whole different life, with so much hope and possibility it scared the hell out of me.  But you did that for me.  You and Lady with her dreams come true and Quit Mountain. 

Well I am here to tell you that I want you to have all of this love and energy back to help you heal.  This stuff comes full circle and I have plenty welling up for my own use anyway.

Love you and best wishes and health.  You have got what it takes to conquer everything that comes your way, and you will do it with grace and style
Audrey

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/16/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 486
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,720
Amount Saved: $1,360.80
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 16 Mins: 30 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly,

Thank you so much for stopping in to support us even when you are facing trails yourself.  I just had a major cancer scare and this site was a major help to me.  It is amazing to me how close this group of people are..  You are in my thoughts and prayers...  You can beat this, I am a 2 year survivor of cervical cancer and postive attitude and prayers will see you through this.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 394
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,880
Amount Saved: $1,970.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 9 Mins: 57 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly

You have always been such a calm and helpful presence here, my prayers and thoughts are with you.  Thank you for all that you have done for me and countless others here.  I doubt that you know the extent to which your kindness and thoughfulness have aided many a struggling soul along the way.  I know there are many here who wish you well as you move forward through this difficult time...

nonic

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/25/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 508
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,240
Amount Saved: $5,334.00
Life Gained:
Days: 94 Hrs: 16 Mins: 15 Seconds: 53

• Quit Meter

$66,559.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tried a long post about what you meant to me & how you helped me. Lolly.  It didn't work out. 

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Lolly))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

15 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly,
Thank you for sharing your story.  I'm so sorry to hear this news and very humbled by your positive attitude during such a stressful time.  I really admire how you're handling all this and I'm sending all my positive thoughts your way. 

Knowledge is indeed our most powerful weapon when it comes to quitting smoking or facing any of life's challenges.  Learn everything you can, and fear will have no power over you.  Let us know if there's anything, anything at all I can do to help. 
Pat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 474
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,960
Amount Saved: $9,480.00
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 19 Mins: 59 Seconds: 28

• Quit Meter

$121,056.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 6

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly,

I don't have to tell you how much you mean to so many of us around here but I will anyway.  You pumped up quitters like me and kept us going when we didn't know what else to do.  When we were ready to quit quitting, you reached out, grabbed our hands and helped us along.

Know that many prayers are coming your way.  Your determination still gives you strength.  What amazes me most about quitting is how much it has taught me about living life.  I gave up the smokes and really started to live.  You pull out that determination you learned when you quit smoking, gather the knowledge you need to get you through and reach out to those that love and care about you.  Just as you got through quitting smoking after 40 years, you can get through this as well.

Remember the feeling of 'If I could quit smoking I could do anything'?  Well, here you are.  You've proven it.  You can do anything.  This is just another step along the road less traveled.  No stopping now, just keep moving along.  What the Lord brings you to, he will bring you through.

Just think, if you hadn't quit smoking, this would be a lot worse.

Lady

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1049
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,980
Amount Saved: $3,723.95
Life Gained:
Days: 97 Hrs: 3 Mins: 50 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Lolly I am so sorry to hear this news. I hope that everything goes well with the operation and recovery. YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!! You were such an inspiration to all of us "UNSMOKEABLES" when we first quit. God speed to you my friend.....
Gerogie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/6/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1194
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 23,880
Amount Saved: $4,179.00
Life Gained:
Days: 170 Hrs: 18 Mins: 37 Seconds: 43

• Quit Meter

$43,533.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 594 Hours: 2

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, Lolly! Great news that this nodule is outside the lungs.  Fight through the chemo if you must! Get your strength from the members here and plough through it... my ex-wife did it and she's free and clear now!!

patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 118
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,950
Amount Saved: $1,327.50
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 0 Mins: 20 Seconds: 23

Reading this thread: