Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

No-Ember check in And Hello to my SSC friends.

16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss, Good to hear from you. Glad that things are going well with your quit. Stay strong. You are doing the best for your daughter by offering support and a good example. When the time is right for her, she will succeed. All the best to you and your family, G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,152.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss, Glad to hear from you. Sorry about your daughter, but I can sympathize, I know that depression all to well, it was horrible the first time I tried to quit, it is what did me in actually. She to will find her time, just like we are trying to do, right? I have good and bad days too, just like you. Lately, it has been more of the downs with a lot more anxiety, don't know why, but am trying to work through it. I know I would have the anxiety even if I smoked, and probably worse, so that keeps me quit. Hope we all hang tough together. Have a great day..everyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $382.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss and all the other November quitters and Thanks for checking in! I am doing well....still smoke free, although like Moss said there are clearly still ups and downs. I believe that this will continue to be a struggle for a bit more time but as each day passes I am grateful that I do not smoke! Moss I do think about you often and always send you positive vibes to make it through this journey. I am sorry to hear about your daughter but am very glad that she has a fantastic father who is there to support her and provide a fantastic example of a quitter. You just keep practicing what you preach and she will join you when the time is right for her. I will send some good thoughts your way! Keep your guard up and distract yourself when you get those out of nowhere cravings....so much easier today than it was the first week so now I know that I can live as a non smoker and you know you can too! Thanks again for checking in...keep the quit! Take care, Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,134.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Moss - thanks for checking in - you're sure doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 608 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,400.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss. Great job ... also wishing the best for you and your daughter.. great suggestions. Hold tight.. we will be thinking of you also. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Moss, great advice from my friends here to you, just wanted to add I am glad you are doing okay, and hope your daughter works it out for herself so she can share in her own well being. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $554.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
moss, Congrats on great success! Know that you are an amazing example to your child and your determination has not gone unnoticed :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Moss, Great to hear from you, and especially to hear how successful you've been at this! I'm sure you told your daughter about your first sputter. You might suggest she talk to her doctor about medication to help. Zyban and wellbutrin are commonly prescribed anti-depressants to help with smoking cessation, and chantix is another new medication that seems to help in that area. Anyway, thanks for the congrats, and keep on keeping on. You're doing a fabulous job!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,441.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss Old Buddy Glad to see your still hanging in their and fighting the good fight.Your daughter will make it she's a chip of the old ?? block right.Just a suggestion get her to check on the depression with an m.d. before she starts again the smoking maybe masking it. All the best . :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 361 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,610.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 87 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone and a Good Day to you all. Have been without internet access for a while again so I am pleased to check in. I am still smoke free. Have been checking in at work but that has been getting more difficult lately. Management!! Ups and Downs are still the recipe for me on the "staying smoke free road". The good days are great and then the WHAM pops in when I least expect it. So I chug along with the confidence that this too shall pass, and it does. I know that Tom just reached a year and Aloha and Bear are celebrating this week. I know I won't be able to congratulate on the proper day So here is a Heartfelt CONGRATS to you all. I know that when I can't get on here often I miss a lot of milestones and lose track of the people who have cared for me and me for them. Please know that all of you at SSC are in my prayers. Especially the new folks because I know how scary and difficult the start of this can be. When I do get on I usually check on the new people. For those of you who remember a post about my daughter. She made an attempt but lost it at between 2 -3 weeks in. She is recharging her batteries and educating herself. She sunk in to such a deep depression that even I was almost relieved when she gave in. That does not sound good coming from me but I have never seen her hurting so much. Luckily she is young and hopefully has a little time to learn and try again soon. Duty calls but I will be able to check in tonight or tomorrow so if you've a mind to just say Hi or let me know how you are. Freedom 26 and ML, I hope you are well fellow No-Embers. Gratitude Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $394.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: