Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Didn't make it again

16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Please don't feel like a loser because you aren't. The important part is that you have not given up. I am still taking Chantix almost one year now and will continue if that is what it takes to keep the quit. You will find your way if you just never give up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 354 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,451.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Don�t feel like a loser because we have many years in and you don�t, - focus and join us! And to do that, read, re-read and read again Rachel�s reply to you. The answer lies there. Good Luck, Penitent
  • Quit Meter

$56,804.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 1

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, NRT, chantix, hynotherapy etc are all just 'aids' to help when you quit. Unfortunately, none of them will serve as a magic potion. The quit, perhaps with the help of one of the above, MUST come from within you. You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke....until you reach that point in your own mind, you will continue to struggle. Take a fresh look at how to approach your quit. Read through the site and start putting together a plan of action ~ learn how others have distracted themselves and coped when the quit starts to get tough. When you are ready ..... and I mean really ready.... everything will fall into place and you too will be celebrating one week, one month, one year... We are here for you when you are ready. All the best, Rachel Four years, one week, one day, 20 hours, 46 minutes and 57 seconds. 29397 cigarettes not smoked, saving �6,614.39. Life saved: 14 weeks, 4 days, 1 hour, 45 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,526.18

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 789 Hours: 21

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ.. The only way to fail.. is to NOT try. Don;t give up. I read it takes several/many tries. before the quit sticks. We are ALL one puff away. I almost "Blew it" yesterday. I am learning my triggers... sometimes we can't avoid these triggers.. and I wasn't totally prepared.. I did have water and my "nozzly jug" until I could get distracted. dust yourself off. don't go away.. read. post. etc. you know the prgram.. and we are here.. we can get new pom pom;s in different colors... what r your favorite colors? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Sure you can and should resume your quit but. The question you might want to ask yourself is WHY did your quit fail and what can you do to prevent it from stealing your quit this next time? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,081.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ Like all the others are saying don't give up. When i first joined i slipped 3 times. But got up and kept going. I too have tryed everything that is out there. I even try going to a hyponis once a wk. Nothing worked for me. I am now taking Chantix & also listen to a hyponsis cd every night. Hang in there Its tough but you can do it. Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $586.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh DJ, You and me both. MY post is under the topic "fallen Warriors" Pick yourself up, dust off, and start again. You can do it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ you are worth trying again, when ever you are ready, we are here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ..please don't give up. Just a little pebble in your road to nicotine freedom really. Read through the steps here and the posts and one day(soon we hope) something will just reach out and touch you and you will feel it in your soul that you never want to smoke again. stay around...we need you. Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and try again. Start to work on building a solid quit plan using everything you've learned from your previous attempts. Read through the program, talk to your doctor, post here and ask others for help. We're ready when you are! Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: