Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Are we edgy people?

16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing K? It's a new day and all new beginnings. Today is a great day to quit!! You can do this. Get that hammer ready! G ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $984.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thinking about you on your Quit Day, Kristilou... I want to see you win... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello you bunch of quitters! When we're in the fire and battling the addiction the pressure is almost too much. After the fire the pressure builds more slowly but still builds. Like a volcano, it builds up to the ultimate explosion. That's the release, a violent and damaging erruption. How much pressure can you take and do you have a release? Don't wait and set yourself up for an erruption. Find a release (exercise is a good example) that allows you to vent before the pressure builds. You will be surprised how tolerant and content you can be if you manage your stress. We're all powder kegs when we start this journey. The potential for conflict is high because we respond to stress by nature. To know that is to respect that, nature that is. Don't hold it in and do let it drive you to something positive. It can be a great motivator if you learn to channel it. It's a perspective, the old half full and half empty thing. Stay positive!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,798.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Popcorn anyone ? kristilu, all the best on your quit date, give it heaps - throw everything you got at it & more ! Always remember that knowledge is power in this game of cat & mouse & that smoking is plain & simple nicotine addiction & we all get over it. You've got everything you need right here at your fingertips so stick around & play with the animals. good on ya. :) [quote] Can't we all just get along??? [/quote] just a little play fighting going on, things will sought themselves out, either way makes good entertainment ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,384.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 166 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$12,586.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 629 Hours: 16

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu and anybody else newer to quitting - I obviously missed the fireworks, but wanted to chime in to encourage you. 1st it seems squabbles and disagreements happen here periodically with some being oversensitive, others being insensitive, some giving tough love, others just TLC. Yes as quitters, esp newer quitters going through withdrawal, many of us have been on edge at times. (Some more than others, I suppose ;)) BUT everyone is different and everyone has their own unique way to quit. I had many false starts over a 4 month period till I got it right. A doctor I complained to told me I was not failing, I was practicing quitting until I found MY own successful quit. And I did 10 and 1/2 months ago. I used Chantix, this site, Zoloft, this site, a positive attitude and again the support of this site. It worked for me.... Others go cold turkey or use NRT's or hypnosis or whatever other aid helps them out. Who really cares what the method is! What counts is keeping at it until you get it right! Life is better as a non-smoker, no matter how you get there. So don't let squabbles or differences of opinion ruin your resolve. Your quit is your quit alone! Good luck and BREATHE (so much easier to do now - no coughing :)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 319 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,301.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$119,612.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6405 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I could do it so can you. My thought are with you tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((Big HUGS!))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 573 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,743.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misty girl, I was taking up for you! And that's all I'm gonna say about that! Thanks for being here!! ((((HUGS))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sorry about the current atmoshphere here, Kristilou - and sorry about any part I played in making it worse. I'm glad you're back! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 573 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,743.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All the best to you tomorrow. You know the drill, now do the march :eg: I have quit many times and I do believe this one is sticking. So you do what have to do and make this one stick. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $858.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: