Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Octobreathers, it's almost December!

16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I almost forgot! HAPPY BELATED B-DAY OMT!!! Wishing a wonderful 34th year and completely smoke-free :D [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Hey guys, I'm really sorry once again for not keeping you guys informed of how my quit was going. I was feeling pretty well and quite happy because my bf was in town. We don't get to see each other much so we took the most time we could in 2 weeks and tried to maximize as much as possible. After my talk two weeks ago I also had a lot of input from professors and colleagues on my ongoing research in my PhD so I have been at the same time trying to move things along as much as I can. It's been good... productive but very busy. Those were the reasons why I have been away from the site for a little while. I hope you can forgive me Goofy ;). Jodi, thank you so much for your support too. I have been enjoying the snow a lot but the cold temps have been annoying me just a little (-16C last night, argh). Not used to them... even after 6 years in Montreal. OMT, I'm so sorry to hear you had a little slip... but I'm happier that you stuck strong and didn't let it affect your quit. Way to go girl! You're definitely a true MusQuitteer! Ok I'm off now to do some work... my bf is back in London and I'm feeling the pressure to get my PhD finished as soon as possible... I really want to go back to Europe so we can move in together :). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sprquits! As you saw, one more try, Jodi, and myself were getting concerned. Just tell your man to keep to himself long enough for you to fill us in on your quit. I'm thinking golf this weekend. I remember how long winter was in Syracuse. 182 inches of snow a year! That's just crazy. That's why I moved South. Still staying quit...and can't believe how much food I can consume. Great to see you. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's nice to hear from you Sprquits! Yes, we were a little concerned..... :8o: OK, I'll admit it, I thought we lost you. I'm really glad to hear you're doing good. In fact, having an easy time with not smoking! Well, it hasn't been as easy for me (I slipped on my birthday, but picked myself up right away). I'm still here and Goofy, and the other Octobreathers (Jodi, Eddie and Cat...did I miss anyone?) We all made our first month! Life is so much better without smokes. Let's all keep going strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sonia! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing awesome!!! I'm sorry that I was a little worried about you. It's just that you were posting every day and then all of a sudden...nothing for days. I will not worry about you now. I know that you are strong, and you'll be just fine! Enjoy the snow! Jodi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Hey OMT and Goofy! Sorry for not saying much these last couple of weeks. My bf has been in town and keeping me quite busy ;) We've been taking it easy, staying in for most of the time because winter has officially arrived (snow and all) in Montreal. I almost forgot we had reached one month... the last couple of weeks have been quite easy :). Well... maybe not when we go out for a few beers :P But we're still smoke free! YAY! Can't wait for month 2 :) The days are passing by a lot faster now. Thanks for remembering me :). Keep strong MusQuitteers & Octobreathers! Special congrats hug to OMT and Goofy, my quit buddies :* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Aloha, that smiling kitty is too cute! It is great to here from you, cat! I have been thinking about you and wondering how your doing. I'm so glad you've kept quit even through those tough triggers. Way to go! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to stop in and say [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/obxkitty/congratulations.jpg[/IMG] You Octobreathers are doing great!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,713.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too am starting to worry about Sprquits. :quest: Sprquits, if you're out there, let us know how you're doing. It looks like Jodi will be the first to hit two months, with the rest of us close at her heels. :) I look forward to celebrating many anniversaries with you all. Karen. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Cat, and Jodi! Glad to see you are both doing well. Congratulations to you Cat. I do know how hard it is not to smoke when drinking. I guess as long as the bar doesn't allow smoking, it's not too hard. Jodi, on the welcome page, where it says how many people are logged in, just click on "logged in". You'll see the names of everyone who is on at that time. Eddie, sorry I didn't mention your superior effort to pass the month mark. Let's all get through this month, and look forward to 2008. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: