Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

If a week, then why not ten thousands!

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin You are soooooooo right!!! The way that I lost my other 2 quits.. by thinking that I was doing so well that I could have a cig. LOL Hope your brother makes the right choice!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, Very right! Why play with fire? Danielle - Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I put in a phone call to a brother of mine and his family to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. My nephew who smokes and is barely in his twenties answered the phone and said that his dad, who quit smoking 15 years ago, is out on the patio having a smoke. My nephew knows that I quit smoking awhile back, but he just thought that I should know this. They were having a family and friend get-to-together when I called. Once before my brother had told me that he sometimes smokes a few at get-togethers and then somehow manages not to smoke after that. When he came on the phone, I asked him if he was really smoking. He said yes but he needed to stop doing this because it is getting harder and harder to not smoke the day after. At that instant I imagined him puffing away, puff, puff, and puff and thinking to myself �my this is a very serious situation for him to put himself into. I mean talk about �harms way�! I do suspect that he his one strong willed person however I�ll wager he has a lot of temptation to deal with in the days following the episode. Me, I easily run astray, not much will power I suppose, unless I get serious and have a reason for achieving the goal, and then I look for and find a way. It would be pointless to ever pick up another smoke again, unless of course addiction, all over again was the goal. There is everything right about NOPE; the opposing force is the addiction for the lion�s share of us. We have put in mountains of effort to quit, maintain our pose, sanity and our quits. If a week, then why not ten thousands! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 670 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,685.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: