Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I am Thankful to The SSC because....

16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Friends, I'm just so glad that All of You have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, That first year on here has to be the clincher, going through all the Holidays without having a cigerette, it was such a great feeling to survive the Holidays, Today, it's old hat, and I love it just the same, and more, Yes!! We all owe this website very much for being here, It's still amazzing how it still works, People Helping People to kick there addiction, You are All to be Commended for Your effort, determination, and inspiration to Others, Happy Thanksgiving S,S,C, Smokless In Oklahoma :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1718 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,353.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 401 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$26,829.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 883 Hours: 9

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha Your post really struck a chord with me as I was about to write something similar. I feel hugely indebted to this site because I KNOW for an absolute fact that I would never have been able to stay quit without it. I am not saying that I don't ever have a little flash of desire for a cigarette but more often than not these days I actually stop and think how G R E A T it is to be a non smoker. Thanks to everyone out there for adding their bit and to the mods for keeping us all in line. Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,824 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,195.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well there are so many things - Thank you: For helping me to find my alter ago For finding a useful channel for my IT skills For giving me the confidence to drive a Train For providing a lovely Cruise Ship & Beach to relax on, For putting me in contact with such a host of wonderful, informative and often mad, people :p Most of all, thanks for the support and helping me to make this quit happen! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4,852.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SCC was a way to spend time when i was withdrawing, or craving, or depressed, or just feeling shakey about my quit..and spend it confirming and reconfirming my quit and the reasons for it. It helped build my conviction and the belief that I could actually quit smoking. I do not believe that I would be as successful as I have been without this web site. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can keep "quitting", all of my non-smoking friends think I quit and that was that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,331.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am thankful to the SSC it is one of the best Google searches I ever did. Without it and all my quit buddies I would not be where I am today. Thank all of you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,388.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am thankful to the SSC because... ...I wouldn't have ever got over 5 days without your amazing encouragement. Even when I looked a no-hoper, you were still there willing me on. Its true that some people never know when to give up and I am very grateful for that fact. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �554.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm thankful to the SSC because I learned how to lead a smoke free life here! One of the greatest things I've ever done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 873 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,055.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am very thankful for the SSC. I have learned so much here. Not just about quitting smoking either. I had no idea how to handle the issues that arose when I started to withdraw from nicotine and the emotional issues that I faced. It has been and continues to be a real blessing for me. And Aloha, the great people like you. You give so much.Thanx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took it upon myself to decide to quit. Had my last cigarette Oct. 28th. Found SSC on the 30th, and the guidance from everyone here has made it so much easier for me. Everyday, I see how much money I've saved, and I see how much better the holiday season will be for my family. Thanks to all at SSC. You definitely know how to make quitting a much easier experience. Special thanks to one more try, and sprquits. You guys were my strength through hell, and heck week. Now I'd also like to thank everyone else, but the list is way too long. The support from everyone is overwhelming. I am forever eternally grateful. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $151.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: