Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

?What would trigger me to light up??

16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not much anymore but I have to say these last two events really surprised me in that they both turned out to be quite strong triggers: Being ill Being in Maternity Hospital Yes I always smoked when I was ill and I came down with a virus today that's kept me lying down most of the day and don't want to eat - but guess what....I wanted a smoke can u believe?!! Also yesterday I was in maternity hospital to visit my new grandson (now I haven't really been around maternity wards since my kids were born) - can u believe I wanted to light up there as well?! (Not in the ward but outside the hospital) Obviously I didn't cave as although these triggers make me want to smoke, the desire not to is stronger. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �380.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is nothing on my list anymore, but I do think we really need to keep our guard up and be very aware. Unexpected problems, seems to be what catches people off guard, like a sudden death in the family, a bad car accident, traumatic things like that. I think that this type of thing is what we all have to watch for, and there are no guarantees are there? We are all human. So despite the fact that I have no triggers on my list, I have to have faith that my strategies will be enough to pull me thru should something traumatic suddenly occur. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,743.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Indeed they do "evaporate with time" stickin and they will for you too Susan, in time, believe me! Chin Up Come-What-May!! Penitent d1281 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 10

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susan, I am very sorry to hear about your dog passing. Sure stress is a big trigger and sorrow as well. However I do believe that all these triggers pass. They have for me and they will for you and everyone else on the planet if they continue to stay smoke free. It just makes sense, a body just plain gets use to NOT smoking; it because the norm. The stress and sorrow triggers understandably yes, all triggers evaporate with time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 667 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,006 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,668.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 121 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My triggers are still stress and sorrow. These to triggers are really unavoidable parts of life. I lost my dog to cancer last 10 days ago and can't tell you how much I wanted a smoke and even believed it would help the pain. I came here and posted instead of smoking but I think those two items will remain on my list always. With them being there I will be better able to cope when they come along. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,379.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Yes of course Unhooked, there will be NOTHING on your list. You are remarkable, the Great one. Thank you for your post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 666 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,663.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 121 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if there will ever be nothing on my list. I still have a hard time with my TV nights. This past Thursday, driving home from Tracy's house, the junkie in my head whispered to me that I could have just one. It took me back for a sec because I don't hear from the junkie much anymore, although I do have thoughts while I'm watching our shows. When I realized what was going on, I just said back, "No, you can't & even if you could, why the hell would you want to?" So, for me, it would be anything that led me to believe that "just one" crap. And that might be anything at all, so "just one" will always be on my list and I will always have to be ready for it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,090.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Ask this question of yourself every now and then, �What would trigger me to light up�? When your list has but one entry, what is that saying to you? And if the list shows no entries? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 666 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,663.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 121 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: