Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Thursday Night Bonfire!!!

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you don't mind if I join in. I haven't been around much lately but I have a lot of stuff for that fire.... I'm throwing the stupidity of my 14 year old son. I'm throwing in all these aggravations I've had lately. The only thing I won't throw in is my quit. 28 months today. I never thought I would make it through 28 hours and can't believe it's been 28 months. What a great feeling it is to be smoke free. The other night I was frustrated and sitting on my porch. Old nic came knocking on my door and I let out a heavy sigh. . I was like come on already, get out of here... I don't smoke. Give it up!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 853 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,985.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Buddy, Thanks for gettng this going. I'll throw about 5 pounds of fat on it. That oughta fuel it up just fine. How can I not be losing weight when all I seem to eat is spinach and brocolli?? Could it possibly be the Jungle Juices I drink?...lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,523.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 105 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tonight I am going to throw on the fire my frustrations with people who seem to think that their quits are so much more difficult that what any of the rest of us have, or are currently going through. I am going to let go of that and know that my quit in mine and whatever other people want to do is on them. Also, I'd really like to burn up my extra 5 pounds on tonight's fire. The treadmill is taking too long. :) Lori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another Thursday, Quitters! Another chance to get rid of your frustrations, pissedoffedness, aggravations, whatever gave you grief this week. I had a pretty easy week, but I will get the bonfire started with stupid, unproductive meetings that try my patience, stubborn extra pounds, and a little bit of frustration and disapppointment. But just a little. Hot dogs, s'mores, Canadian beer and, as always, excellent company. Anybody else got anything to toss onto the fire? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 172 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,892.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: