Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Finally, feeling good like a non-smoker should!

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL! Love the avatar, John! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have the ELO cd in the car, I will CRANK IT UP tomorrow for sure blue! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $535.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi John, Late jumping in here but just needed to say how your positive attitude cheered me this morning. And I thought Sue's comment was sweet. You do look good and its nice to hear how well you are doing. Now think about my song.lol [IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/pollyepierce/cooltext66182839.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $364.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the kind words guys. yes it is a true relief. For those who still have cravings just rememeber when you were a smoker you had cravings too. Anna, I can't explain it but the stuff is uses live bacteria! Apparently doctors are talking about it. There is the drink and the yogurt, the drink is the DanActive and is supposed to boost your immune and the yogurt which helps your digestive track. Even though I had no probs with my digestive I tried the yogurt for a week and then went to the drink. Go to their website for more info on it but what is impressive is just doing a google search on it. So you ride too! I want to ride every morning like you. I find it hard to want to do the bowflex, maybe because it is next to the litter box :) Anyway, got to go. Sorry about the typo's it's early here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $535.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, John. Thanks for posting. It has been great reading about your bright spot in your quit. A milestone, no doubt. One I am very much looking forward to myself. :) ttin. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, that is great news! I ride my bike 5+ miles about 4 days a week - It is a wonderful stress reliever. Do you cringe when you think about what you used to do to your body? I am beginning to wonder what the heck I was thinking. I am curious, what does the DanActive do for you?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,100.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you there, John. I feel great & getting better all the time. I have way more energy, more stamina, breathe easier, sleep better. Everything in better when you don't smoke, & I DO mean EVERYTHING!! I rarely crave or even think about smoking anymore either, unless it's to be disgusted when I smell it. The only thing still bothering me is the weight gain. I don't have a scale so don't know how much I've gained but it's probably a size and a half, so I'm thinking about 15 pounds. I have decided to take a more focussed approach to that starting Monday. I want to feel fabulous about everything in my life, including me! Glad you're doing so well, John! Keep us posted on your progress with the weight loss! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,507.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay John! So glad to hear you are doing great. Its always nice to hear good success stories. That weight will come off in no time. Swimming is very good for that btw. Low impact sport too. The most important thing is ... no cravings. That is like WOW! Good stuff. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �323.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, WOW... I want to be where you are.. Good for you!!! Thanks for letting us newbies know what we have to look forward to later in out quits... My energy level is no where close to your level, but I have started jogging again.. And it feels great!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A totally different new world we live in when we quit. It takes a while to adjust but once we do there are all kinds of things to explore. I didn't realize that there was a whole world of things that people do that I didn't have time for because I spent my time smoking. Life IS good now and I enjoy all kinds of things I never dreamed of doing. Now I just need to figure out a way to work part time and play full time ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 817 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,859.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: