Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,696 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav, TNIKKA

I heart the SSC....

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is so cool, a brand newbie sandwiched right between 2 of our longest long-timers! Another reason I heart this place, everybody has something to say & everyone is valued. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience. [/quote] So I thought I'd hang around and share and give what I could to the community. So many people gave alot of help to Pete when she really needed it and I am forever grateful. This also helped me and of course there were my super hero mentors Lolly, Rusty and Ros. Great thread Unhooked keep em coming. Duffis [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 921 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,223.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 199 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$283,993.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6815 Hours: 20

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great topic unhooked! I have never been much of an message board person - not at all. Why sit in front of a computer when I don't have to anymore - well, when I decided to quit I knew I needed help - and not from my husband (who has never smoked) or family (that I couldn't be brutally honest with) - I needed people who knew what it was like and could help me when I needed it and tell me to cowboy up when I needed that too. This is the place! I was sooo impressed with the program information and it has been invaluable to me these last five days. Get used to me folks - I plan on being here a long, long time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 382 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been on these boards so often saying how wonderful SSC is, and how it changed and saved my life. I did a lot of research before I quit and visited lots of sites to help people quit....I came on here and was immediately hit between the eyes by something so different from anywhere else. Here I found an empathy with others and a feeling of belonging all within a couple of posts. What a place! Lolly. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/25/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1001 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,005.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 143 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$11,134.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 696 Hours: 14

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

That's so true, aloha! When I first came here, I was amazed at the quits that seemed long to me, like 50 - 180 days or so & those people still calling themselves newbies. It was amazing because so few of my own quits ever went that long. But we do see it all the time here & we do see so much joy associated with it. Let's always remember to celebrate that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
....because it gave me models to follow, information i didn't know before, coping strategies to use, a much better understanding of what this addicition and quitting is about, a feeling of support when times were hard, and a place to go where even if I'm not understood, I'm accepted. In another thread someone was congratulating another member on being 200 days smoke-free, and said something about it's a feat few accomplish. And it hit me that around here it is so common-place that I had forgotten that oftentimes when people attempt to quit they fail. Seeing so many people successfully, and often joyfully, quit smoking, makes it seem easy. Thank you ssc. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,047.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Thanks for jumping in, everybody. Great, positive, quit-affirming answers! This thread has made me think, though, & I think this is about to become a 2-part question. I have to word it just right so will take some time before part 2 shows up. Watch this space!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin', I'll remember because this is my favourite Llama! Her name is MYLAST and I believe her big 100 is on Sunday! I'll keep my eye out for her! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 556 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4,170.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 89 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How very thoughtful Unhooked. SCC played a little different role for me since I had already quit for six months prior to arriving here. When I found SCC, I was looking for a group of ex-smokers who could appreciate what I have gone through and who would celebrate my six month anniversary with me. What has it done for me: SCC has given me the opportunity to experience the great happiness and joy our members experience when they achieve a milestone. In this way, I relive the joy as well and I enjoy being surrounded by winning people. Ps: By the way tha llama 100 day milestone is coming up tommorow or the next day. I can't remember her pen name and she hasn't posted a whole lot lately, however I think I saw her post on your 100 day milestone. Will someone remember her on her special day. Thank you Stickin To It [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 578 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,179.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 105 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OH Gosh what a thread this is, Well i have to say this site is sort of in my blood, after 5 years i love coming here, sometimes seeing some of my old smoke group but most of all watching new ones come in, it makes me happy when i watch someone move agong with the quit and doing it, I love being reminded of my beginning and why iam glad i stayed quit,if i can help just one person not have THAT CIGARETTE then iam helping and that is a good feeling, This site helped me stay Smoke free, Hey how do i get back to 2002??? Tresa :):) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1841 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,443.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 259 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$14,638.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 9

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: