Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I heart the SSC....

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ah, thanks unhooked..you know me, i like everything all wrapped up, neat and tidy ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,074.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why, aloha, do you smell something burning? Actually, I decided to scrap the second part for now. But thanks for checking! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,166.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
um, unhooked...are you still thinking? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,074.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 174 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SSC gives me HOPE. I found this site when i was starting my 3rd week of my quit. I felt so alone. I did'nt know anybody that i could talk to that was going threw the same thing i was. I really did'nt if i was gonna be able to stay smoke free. So instead of ligting up... i decided to go do some searching on the internet...and there i found YOU. This could not have happen at a better time. I don't feel lonely anymore. Alot of posts that i read give me courage and hope that i will be able to do this... It's a blessing to have found this site. Thanks :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Martha, my friend, your wise, compssionate, positive & humourous words are always welcome! So glad you stopped in tonight, it's a really great night here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great thread Unhooked! I <3 the SSC too :8|: Hmm. How to answer in under 9,000 words?! The quit program was HUGE for me because I stumbled across the SSC trying to prepare and boy, that program is chock-full of good stuff. I think the biggest thing for me was to pick a day, commit to it and get excited about quitting. That really changed my whole outlook because I had quit for 9 days about a year before and I wore myself out saying "no" every time I had a craving. This quit I changed it to, "I don't smoke anymore" and just rode them out. I agree with almost everyone about the role the people on this site have played in my quit. The support here is bar none. Without the diversity of opinions it would be useless - we are all so different and that is SO necessary! Penitent's post nailed it when he said that you see the same things just different names. It's still awesome though to watch people grow into their quits and their new lives. The torch gets passed from hand to hand and we are all so much better for it. Oh Pen, I do remember your "Truly Magical Day" - it got bumped quite a bit back in the day - and it was wonderful knowing that the struggle wouldn't always be such a struggle and life would be well again. Was there a bit of Fleetwood Mac involved, or was it Pink Floyd? There is a bunch more I want to write but I think I passed my word limit :blush: Chin up quitters! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,008.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$36,991.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks, Freemom! I know what you mean. I have made some very close friends here, too, and I might never meet them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great thread Unhooked! I definitely heart the SSC. I was a total closet smoker and I could barely admit to myself, never mind anyone else in my life, that I was smoking and needed help to quit. My husband never smoked and really didn't understand how hard it was. Finding this site gave me the support network I could never have in real life, not to mention people to celebrate milestones with. I have "met" so many wonderful people here - I feel closer to some of you than to the people in my "real life". We have fun and laughs together and sometimes sad times too. I could never have made it this far and feel this strong in my quit without the SSC and the wonderful people here. Luv you all lots & special mention to my "magic shipmates" who kept me motivated to jump back into my quit when I could have let it slip away, back in March! Long live the SSC!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,764 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $599.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$119,560.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 11

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Aww, Sue, that's so sweet & so obviously from your heart. You give a lot here, too & you have been essential to many quitters as well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,122.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, I did write a little story as you requested and posted it in your thread, perhaps I am not the literary genius I fancied myself or there was in fact too much celebrating at your beach party. -sigh ;) For me this is the place where everyone knows where you have been, where you are right now, and where you are going. This is so important because no one likes to be alone, suffer alone, and every one needs hope. For me, here is hope, compassion, an education, sympathy, understanding and a swift kick in the ass if required and is sometimes necessary. All of you were absolutely essential in my quit, I will never forget you, will always value you, and am completely grateful for you and this place :) Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: