Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I Think I Can ,I Think I Can

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
....escuse me... .I just had to say... Sparky! I love your picture!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 768 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,688.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Blue Cloud. Yes we can do this, one day at time!!! I never knew how bad smokers smelled until I quit. (GAG, GAG) Now when I am near someone I know I don't smell of a dirty ashtray. Getting around a smoker just confirms one of many reasons why I quit :eg: Now let get on with day and chalk up another day of not smoking!! Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud, thank you for liking the quilt. It is sort of a symbol of my quit. I started making it when I quit smoking in April in anticipation of our first grandchild's arrival in late June. It served to keep my hands busy and to keep my mind generating creative and positive thoughts. The photo shows only about a sixth of the whole quilt, but it is enough to remind me of my reason for quitting. Our precious grandson arrived as expected, and the quilt is now hanging on the wall over his crib. Funny thing--without an ashtray next to me, the sewing went much faster than usual! Not only that, but the quilt actually smelled fresh and clean when it was finished :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, you crack me up. I actually got a belly laugh out of that. And thanks girls for the extra pounds!!Ki I love your fabric art! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that Blue Cloud. It's always nice to see a positive, happy & grateful post. It helps keep me on track & reminded about what a great thing I'm doing for myself & the people who love me. And it's wonderful to see you looking so freakin' gorgeous! You seem so much happier and more sure of yourself in this last little while & that's just fabulous. It would be difficult, but I could part with about 15 pounds for the cause, if you can use it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $957.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud! You are amazing! I know you can, I know you can, I know you can!!!!! You are just beginning to feel some of the rewards of quitting. The life after quitting is so amazing you won't believe all you have missed while you were smoking. It's a wonderful world out there! Go exploring!!!! I love watching you grow. By the way, I felt that three extra pounds while you were climbing out of the pit! lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 768 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,688.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BC, WE KNOW YOU CAN!! (And we would all like to donate some extra pounds to you :)) You're doing GREAT!!!! Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $571.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud, your approach to quitting is perfect, and it is working beautifully for you! I really believe that focusing on the positives is the only way to push through this process. Congratulations to you, and I know you are enjoying the rewards you are reaping! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Wednesday morning, It was on a Wednesday morning 5 weeks ago that I decided to quit smoking. (July 4th). I packed my pockets full of positive thinking and tore up the remaining cigaretts I had left, one at a time, I broke them into pieces and told myself the reason why I did not want to smoke that cigarette. There were 18 cigarettes left in the pack and by the time I got to the last one the only reason left was the money spent on them. I was thinking about my reasons this morning and they have all had a positive effect. 1. Oldest Daughter 2. Second Daughter 3. # 1 Grand Child 4. # 2 Grand Child 5. # 3 Grand Child 6. # 4 Grand Child 7. # 5 Grand Child 8. to breathe better 9. to feel better 10. to smell better 11. to have more energy 12. to gain weight 13. to have whiter teeth 14. to have a cleaner smelling house 15. to have a cleaner smelling car 16. to get rid of those messy ash trays 17. for all my friends 18. the money they cost 5 short weeks later I am recieving praise from my children, more hugs from my grand children, every thing looks and smells better about me, my house and car, my friends keep a closer check on me and tell me how proud of me they are. I have recieved numberous gifts as rewards from them all. I have gained 3 pounds ( I am still under weight-but that is going to change too) and I feel soooo much better. The craves are not bad, more like thoughts and I dismiss them rather quickly. When I read Duffis's post this morning about positive thinking I just had too post this. It is working for me. [color=Blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: