Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Post Those Benefits!

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Straitflop - you are doing soooo good! I was just thinking the other day that I haven't had as many headaches as I used to get. My muscles aren't as tense either. I just seem to be so much more relaxed.... My all time favorite benefits are that my skin looks better/younger and I don't stink! I never thought I did anyway, but now that I know what a smoker smells like....iicckkk! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post straightflop - and wow, you are reaping the benefits! My biggest ones, and the ones I am most grateful for, took a little longer but are also longer lasting. I am much more myself - this came with finally dealing with REAL emotions. I am also able to give more of myself because I'm not thinking about getting my next fix. I am trying things for the first time in years (racquetball last week) that I wouldn't have done if I still smoked. I am more spontaneous because I'm not always having to follow a regimented nicotine-driven schedule. I have the assurance that if I could quit smoking, there are a whole lot of other things I can do too. Life is good :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1079 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,855.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 82 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$36,965.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 8

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Better lung capacity. I can walk much further at a brisker pace, have tackled some stairs without having to rest & no longer wheeze when I lie down. Soon I'll start running again. Whiter teeth, healthier looking skin & hair. Even the whites of my eyes look whiter! I'm freakin' gorgeous! My kids are proud of me, not embarrassed about their mom, the smoker. I might still die of a smoking-realted disease but at least I tried to avoid it. Taking some control, I guess, like SF said. I smell great. There are so many more. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $748.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No more jitters! Did not notice them so much when I smoked, but sure did notice how much better it is after I quit, and am glad they are gone now! Just the plain freedom of not having to worry about caryying smokes and all the crap that goes with them, lighters, etc. etc. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,445.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More energy for sure! I used to take a nap everyday after work. That is one of the reasons I quit. I felt like I was wasting SO much time being tired. I do not feel like that at all anymore and hardly feel tired during the day since I quit. More money. It is not always just the smoking that adds up but you are right its all the daily trips to circle k. No having to sneak out. I am constantly around non smokers, so I have to sneak out of dinners to smoke, work functions, family parties...I saw a guy standing outside of Starbucks smoking the other day and his family was inside ordering whatever, and I thought about how much he must be missing in life just to keep up his smoking addiction. I am sure there are more...when they come to me I will be back. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$386,010.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5353 Hours: 20

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
straightflop, you've covered a lot! Heres my one then : Whiter teeth. Flash those pearly whites instead of developing a toothless smile. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �33.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there are just so many to mention, one of my favorites is not wheezing and coughing during a conversation and making thats gurggle noise, ohhhhh i sure dont miss thtt one at all, SF iam so glad you are hanging in here :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1807 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,324.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 254 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 6

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was talking to a smoker the other night that asked how I feel better. It took me time and I had very little answers because I had not thought of it. Afterwards I had all sorts of things but it was after the fact. I think it would be good to really post the ACTUAL benefits you feel at whatever point in your quit you are just so we don't forget. Please only post the real changes you have felt in your life not what you think you should have felt. I'll Start: [list] Oxygen to my muscles - I play softball once a week and always would wake up Sat morning so sore I could hardly get out of bed. Now I am not sore at all and have no problems even if I sun around a lot more. Energy - I am no longer falling asleep at 3PM at work any more. It's amazing. Might have a lot to do with the next one but it's still great. Sleeping Better - I am sleepy better. i don;t wake up in the morning with that God awful crave telling me to get out of bed. Nope! I can stay in bed a little longer and relax. No headaches - I used to get headaches every few days. I have not had a single headache since I quit. I love it. Cleaner car - This one seems small but to not have ashes all over my black interior is a great feeling Getting more work done - I used to break every 20-30 minutes for a smoke. Now all that time is spent continuing to work. Sense of pride - I no longer feel ashamed for being the parent in the corner at the soccer game lighting up a smoke. Those mental demos alone are worth the quit. I no longer have to tell my Dr's that I still smoke and listen to them tell me why I should quit. Nope! Instead I get a congratulations and an acceptance from them. Control - I know now that I have control. If I quit smoking after 15 years, i can do anything I set my mind to do. Not so smelly - Again seems small but when I smell a smoker walk by I almost get sick. it makes me think this is how I smelt. how sad. More relaxed - I can just sit and read for awhile without thinking I should be smoking. It's great Sanity - I finally feel that I will be around to see my kids grow up and it's not an everyday worry tht I should be quitting. Nope! That's gone and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world to not have to sit there everyday and tell myself I am an idiot and should quit. Money - No it's not a lot but I have noticed that I no longer stop at the gas station for smokes and then get some gum, a soda, some snacks or whatever just because I am there. [/list] And many more... Come on all. Post a handful of your benefits for all those thinking of quitting to give them even one more reason. Plus it will help you think of the rare benefits you now have. Keep them fresh in your mind. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: