Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Yikes! Season 3 is rough

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yikes I used the wrong word above I met poof It all passes everything passes just give it the time and poof.
Windy, It is very clear how much you are appreciated and cared about. I had some unexpected craves in my 5th month. It all passes everything passes just give it the time and puff. Smoking is a pain in the rear it is something that we need to forget about. I did not have any alcohol my first week of my quit. It was a big trigger, but it did not take me long to tame that one. :) Everything is possible, everything. By the way how did I know that weight training was a good think. I love it cause when a person gets in there forties they can get lose a lot of their strength. I have probably stronger now than I was when I was in my twenties. My flexibility is a bummer though.
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yowza - Okay Sparky...I promise to give that nicodemon a big kick in the butt! Healer - I choose to have drinks because I enjoy having drinks with my family and friends. This happens about once a month in the winter but more frequently in the summer. I have quit smoking, I have given up most unhealthy foods and I exercise several times a week...I don't want to give up this part of my life. Many of the activities that I enjoyed were triggers (using the computer, talking on the phone) Other triggers were unavoidable (stress) I had to learn how to enjoy and/or deal with these activities without smoking. Stickin - You need not worry about your post...you have always been so supportive. I am not close to caving...I am just not accustomed to the craves that have been coming my way lately. Lainey - Glad I'm not the only one that feels the change of the seasons... Butterfly & Lady - You have shown us that it can be done. You are a great inspiration to many many people. Marie - I love ya...One day at a time... And everybody else...thank you for your support/advice....This is just another part of the journey. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy :eg: STOP IT!! You are not going to smoke, no way!! Look at all of the things you have done. You quit smoking :), you gained weight :blush:, you lost weight ;p you have become a fittness nut :eg:, but more important you have become important to all of us. You are my friend, so STOP IT!! Tell that monster to take a hike or we will come there and stomp on it (nicademon). Hope your week-end it going better. Mine is :) Love ya, Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi windy - I am just wondering - why are you drinking when it's a trigger? ...guess I have never really understood that as I protect my quit at all costs. No matter what. Be careful drinking. You are clear that this is triggering you ... For me the season thing really wasn't key (or as key as it has been for so many). Quitting and protecting your quit is just that, and as time passes, well - we heal and become stronger in our quits. (me anyway). What about staying away from alcohol, and if that is not an option please ask yourself if it would be worth it if your quit was lost due to a drink? Something to think about. It feels like you are testing your quit, be careful! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2013.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read this and thought of the confidence you get once you've quit smoking. It's a long bumpy, hard journey that seems to go on and on. If you make it you feel like you can do ANYTHING! Just as an aside, I was on the panel for the class given to help people quit a few days ago. Well, the class started with only seven people and by the end was down to three. I wonder if people are bypassing all the hard stuff and going with chantix. NOPE Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 658 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 87 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I had trouble with the change of seasons and Sundays. Who knows why? Just get through it and eventually it feels natural not to smoke or even think about smoking. One day at a time. You are doing great. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 680 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Windy..........Congrats you are a great quitter... Marie Hugs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2164.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Windy, You are a pillar and I am and so very proud of you. My post seemed harsh but it was not my intended to be that way. Would you understand that your quit means a lot to me. I really want you to have it. We missed you around here hope that you had a wonderful time away.
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are so right...and I do know what the triggers are...It's the combo of socializing, alcohol and nice weather. It's a new season...(once again time to replace smoking memories with non-smoking memories) For new quitters, it's not actually the intensity of the cravings that is an issue (They do go away) I think that the problem is that spring is the time to spread my wings and the social activities start popping up. Many social activities involve drinking and, I have to admit, I enjoy afew drinks now and then. The problem is that, when I drink, my judgement is impaired and there is a small part of me that thinks that I could "just have one cigarette"....I would never consider doing this at any other time. I don't want to quit socializing or enjoying a drink with friends (The whole reason I quit was BECAUSE I had become a slave to my addiction and was starting to avoid social activities) However, I have invested so much of myself into this quit. I definately DON'T want to blow it because of a stupid temporary alcohol-induced lapse in judgement.... Time for another learning curve.................. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: