Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

It's now or Ever be mine Tonight - Must be one of his

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus Than you for speaking up; yes I see. Does this help some? �Smokers really don't think about smoking� Translation Smokers smoke out of habit, a subconscious process. If we have enough nicotine to feed our habit, then we are in cruise control mode. �it is rare to seriously think about quitting� Translation Because smoking is a subconscious process, we seldom serious contemplate quitting. More likely it is just a passing thought and that be it. My drift is something or someone, namely your mind and body are letting you know that they do not want you to go down this path. Recognized this sign as a gift and do not turn a deaf ear to it. Translation You are getting a rare wake up call saying, I�m ready; they come but once in a blue moon. Prepare to take the bull by the horns Have a good day Stickin To It [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 451 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2480.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 83 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This message was written to me, and I must be honest and confess I don't really understand it..... Not sure I understand when you say smokers really don't think about smoking...I think about smoking every day..... If it is rare to seriously think about quitting, then I must be rare, because I am thinking of it...... But, here is the part that I did not really understand.....[i]My drift is something or someone, namely your mind and body are letting you know that they do not want you to go down this path. Recognized this sign as a gift and do not turn a deaf ear to it. [/i] If you could clarify then it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for not understanding......
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great support! It is necessary to overcome the fear of quitting. The support and information here can make a difference to all :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
Am I geting through?
This was a message delivered to a upcoming quitter and thought it will help pull those others to make the correct decision. You may never be ready to quit or you may end up postponing your quit for decades, like some I know. Smokers really don�t think about smoking, it just happens as a matter of course. To seriously think about quitting is very rare and it is much rarer to attempt the quit. This is doubling true when you are a young person. My drift is something or someone, namely your mind and body are letting you know that they do not want you to go down this path. Recognized this sign as a gift and do not turn a deaf ear to it. Plan your quit, cut back on your smoking, tame those triggers, and adopt the proper attitude. I really do hope to see you on back again on this site. There are new quitters coming along all the time, find some pen pals and make the journey with them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 450 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2475 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 83 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: